Saturday, June 18, 2016

My First Visit In Alabang

at Soil Restaurat

Travelling to the North is always a mettle, especially for me coming from an area bordering between Pasig and Cainta. When I muster enough courage to travel to Alabang, I deluge a friend of mine of questions on ways to get there. Thankfully, it proved to be an easy-breezy travel.
Alabang Town Center

Alabang Town Center is my main landmark and it's there where I will start my food hunt. I constantly checking my Google Maps access on my phone to check where I would reach Molito Lifestyle Building from Alabang Town Center. I get lost a little since I ended up at the supermarket part of Molito so I asked a gracious guard and pointed me to the right direction.

Soil in Molito

table setting

First on the agenda is to visit Soil Restaurant, a farm-to-table restaurant I first learned when Lori Baltazar posted about it on her Instagram account. I really like the industrial feel of the restaurant. And the team behind Soil are super friendly I already feel at home the instant I step inside.


complimentary bread

bacon tart

fresh lasagna with pan seared duck

I didn't want to eat anything heavy so I only opted for a starter, a light main entrĂ©e and a dessert. The starter I order which is the Cheesy Bacon Tart w/ Sea Urchin and Apples, I come to realize, was heavy enough to be considered as a main course. It's like a massive bacon balls topped luxuriantly with cheese. I was floored by the beauty of the Pan Seared Duck w/ Fresh Lasagna, Foie Gras, Mango & Pineapple. I wasn't were to start. Would I start tearing the side or came right center. A delicious problem to explore and before I know it, I've gobbled up the entire dish completely.

bacon cheesecake

balsamic vinegar ice cream

Of course, I would never skip a chance to try at least one dessert at Soil. I've decided to try the Bacon Cheesecake w/ Lime Basil Granita, Ginger & Strawberry. I've never had anything like it before. A strip of candied bacon sitting in a bed of a mousse-like texture cheesecake and a lime-basil sorbet serves as a palate cleanser.

I was also given a complimentary dessert, the Balsamic Vinegar Ice Cream w/ Honey Dew Syrup. How gracious of them. The sharp tang of vinegar melding with the sweetness of the syrup. This really perked me up a little and I involuntary fluttered my eyelids after a tentative spoonful. 











Unit 16, Molito Lifestyle Buidling
Madrigal Avenue cor Alabang-Zapote Road
Muntinlupa City


*********



I wouldn't leave Alabang without dropping by Milkbox though it proved to be a challenge finding it (I'm just new to the place so cut me some slack, okay? Hehehe!). I did have to ask a couple of roaming guards before finding it.

Milkbox is just a small space right beside Digital Walker. One might miss it since it's on the far side of the new complex of ATC, which added more to its charm. At least for me. It's like having a secret place that only a few people might know.


Deciding which one to try at Milkbox is a serious predicament. I'm almost tempted to try all their waffle sundae variant but decided to try the Tres Leches Waffle Sundae, swimming in tres leches sauce and topped with scoops of cereal milk ice cream as recommended by the one of the staff who took my order. I also enjoyed sipping my Pumpkin Spice Cwazy Shake. You couldn't help but feel suddenly Christmasy with this dessert drink.





















Lower Ground Level, New Wing
Alabang Town Center
Alabang, Muntinlupa City



























No comments:

Post a Comment