Sunday, March 19, 2023

Some New & Under The Radar Eats

 

breads and pastries at The Tattooed Baker

It's been a while, I know. I'm afraid that my blogging skills are now a little bit rusty. But I've been up and about recently and I want to share with you all how that have been. 


HAILEY'S ESPRESSO

one afternoon at Hailey's Espresso

caramel macchiato 

mobile bar

I've stumbled upon Hailey's Espresso while commuting from work. They're situated at the vicinity of new petrol station within my commute route and it got me intrigued. They're like a mobile coffee bar. They're only offering coffee drinks at the moment but their Bacoor, Cavite branch offers finger foods (such as flavored wings) to go along with their drinks. 

Since it's blazing hot otuside, I ordered a Caramel Macchiato Frappuccino. My drink was overlaid with caramel syrup which made it sickeningly sweet. I'll ask the barista to hold-off with the caramel on my next visit. 


THE TATTOOED BAKER


food at The Tattooed Baker

Passionfruit Meringue Tart & Caribbean Entremet Cake

Croque Monsiuer

caramel milkshake


counter

I like the very laid back vibe of The Tattooed Baker. A score of desserts preening prettily at the display counter as well as freshly baked breads and goodies beckon to be ordered and consumed. 

I would like to try them all. But my stomach wasn't as fortified to gobble food as many as I was used to. You're getting older that's why, my sinister brain reminded me. I still ordered a decent amount though: A hefty serving of Croque Monsieur, Caramel Milkshake and the highlight of my meal, the desserts (Passionfruit Meringue Tart and Caribbean Entremet Cake). I scraped my dessert plate clean. I promised myself to be back to try out some more desserts and pastries. 


Q-CUP





This visit to Q-Cup in West Avenue was quite unplanned. My intend restaurant to visit is sill not open by the time I arrived. To assuage my hunger pangs, I went inside Q-Cup to order a measly iced latte. The barista manning the counter offered me their iced white mocha as their bestseller. Although I was quite surprised my iced coffee drink came to me in brown, almost ochre hue instead of the milky white color that I'm expecting. But who am I to complain if my iced coffee was potently strong?

Q-Cup is quite a crowd favorite too. I spied a lot of young adults communing with their fellow peers in between sips of coffee as well as young professionals clicking away the keyboards of their laptops.


UNDER THE BALETE







I couldn't hide my enthusiasm and giddiness once I set foot at Under The Balete. I already have a notion that I'll have a good time here. Their soft opening menu maybe sparse to some but I found it rightfully compact. 

I started off with their Toasted Hazelnut Latte. It's like slurping a peanut butter infused coffee topped with roasted hazelnuts. Their UTB Burger is mouthwateringly juicy and their Shrimp & Scallop Mac 'n Cheese is an umami bomb on each bite. The gracious owner enthused of an ongoing promotion at the time of my visit on how I would get a free serving of their bread pudding but I have to beg off as I was quite full already from all the carbs I already inhaled. But I'll definitely pay them another visit as soon as they've fully launched their final menu once the restaurant is in full swing.


4 comments:

  1. Yay!! Welcome baaack! Great share, Julesy! Pwede naman sana separate post for each shop pero bet ko din 'yung ganitong format. Please keep 'em coming.💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katkat! Yung newest post mo din inaabagan ko hehehe!

      Delete
  2. P.S. Looove the photos!!👌🏼

    ReplyDelete