Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Secret That Is Not So Secret Anymore

2013-03-09-4042
table setting

A gem of a place for those people who likes Japanese food very much and those who would also like to eat in private.

2013-03-09-4043
open kitchen

My first attempt to visit Marufuku Japanese Restaurant proved to be nil. I went there a little past three in the afternoon to be told by one of the guards roaming around the premises that the resto will not open till 6PM for dinner. Bummer! But it's odd hours of operation didn't deter me to go back, this time after a very unsatisfactory event that left me hanging by a loop. And Marufuku proved to be my Jupiter of comfort amongst the constellation of lesser planets that dotted the landscape of Ortigas at that moment.


2013-03-09-4045
robota


2013-03-09-4049
matcha shake

I started off with a Robota (charcoal grilled skewers) in the form of Arabiki (Japanese) Sausage. A very tasty sausage with a little hint of spice trailing at the end. Though I should have ordered two of these. With it's small, bite-size pieces, you would really crave for more. Or maybe a different kind of robota. Next time, perhaps.

The Matcha Green Tea Shake is as comforting as it can be. Each sip was blissful that made me forget my earlier woes that day.


2013-03-09-4053
gyoza


2013-03-09-4052
kaki motoyaki

I always order Gyoza by default whenever I'm in a Japanese restaurant. Nothing special, really. I just fancy this Japanese dumplings, is all. Marufuku's version has bite to it. I also liked that the pork filling was very compact and in danger of spilling from the wrapper when bitten into. 

But the definite star amongst the items that I ordered were the Kaki Motayaki (Grilled Hiroshima Oysters w/ miso). All my resolves crumbled and my knees weakened and became  wobbly as soon I swooped it from the spoon that carries it with the use of chopsticks and have it transported in my mouth. Slick and creamy that counterpoints with flavors of salt and sea. I'd say it's a must that you order this one of a kind appetizer whenever you're here in Marufuku.


2013-03-09-4058
katsu curry

For the mains, I admit I played safe on this order but I just couldn't resist the pull of a deep fried pork cutlet swimming in the irresistible curry sauce. The Katsu Curry serving is big. The pork cutlets were indeed crispy with a very tender meat underneath. I only just wish they've increased the level of the spiciness of the curry. But aside from that, the dish is absolutely divine. Even the rice were a joy to eat. Very fluffy and al dente.


2013-03-09-4059
marufuku; ortigas center


If not for the odd hours of the resto's operations and the worries of hellish traffic in Ortigas, I might frequent the resto as often as I can and order more of those Kaki Motoyaki. 
1


G/F, The Crescent Building
29 San Miguel Ave., Ortigas Center
Pasig City

570-3989
www.facebook.com/MarufukuJapaneseRestaurant








No comments:

Post a Comment