Monday, April 1, 2013

Of Pink Hamburger, Carbonara For Adults & A Big Ass Macaron

2013-03-03-4024
desserts at The Cake Club

From the moment that I step inside this restaurant and settled on a table in one corner, a feeling of unrestrained glee envelops me. Who couldn't possibly help to feel that way especially when all the finest desserts and sweets were all at your fingertips? Just ask and the server will give to you in a jiffy. And you might ask where could this be? The restaurant I'm referring to is The Cake Club by The Diamond Hotel and is currently one of the string of restaurants that occupies the very upscale Bonifacio High Street Central.


The Diamond Hotel is somewhat memorable to me since I was assigned there for one whole week to assist on a big scale project when I'm still working for an ad agency years ago. I also remember the wonderful food we ate there, especially on our last day where we all ate to our heart's content at the buffet area. So going to this satellite restaurant of The Diamond Hotel is akin to rekindling a connection from the past. Ang drama! Hehehe ;)

2013-03-03-4011
inside The Cake Club

2013-03-03-4010
orange juice

Taking center stage were the cakes and pastries in full view to every one coming in, with full intent to entice guests to maybe order at least one of those lovely sweet treats. In addition, Royce' Chocolates of every varieties are also available for purchase. In sheer anticipation of the luxe food I'm about to partake, this unassuming orange juice keeps me company.

2013-03-03-4012
Mentaiko Spaghetti

2013-03-03-4017
US angus beef burger

I know for a fact that my friend Jhen, a lover of all white pasta dishes, would fall in love with the Sato San's Japanese Mentaiko Spaghetti. This isn't your ordinary kiddie carbonara. For one, it's a spicy dish. Enough to make me gulp a tall glass of water in quick succession. Nevertheless, it has an enticingly creamy sauce with nori flakes and cod roe that tumbled about on top.

Even if I already saw how the US Angus Beef Burger looks like on various blogs, I was still awe stricken by it when the said burger was finally swoop in before me. I really find the bun charmingly cute with its rose pink color. I almost find it too pretty to eat. But that only lasted for a mere minute since I dig on this burger in no time. My hungry tummy is still the preceding force over aesthetics. This burger doesn't disappoint. A very juicy burger patty, with loads of caramelized onions, basil pesto, tomatoes and cheddar cheese. 

2013-03-03-4018
time for desserts

But of course, I wouldn't walk away from The Cake Club without trying their heralded desserts. I just couldn't! Hehehe! ;)

2013-03-03-4023
supermoist chocolate cake

2013-03-03-4022
ispahan

2013-03-03-4021
baked cheesecake

I had a grand time with the desserts. Started off with the Supermoist Chocolate Cake ice cream. I bit grainy in texture but very pleasing to the palate and very chocolatey, loaded with chunks of the said chocolate cake that lies within.

The Ispahan was my absolute favorite. Definitely the largest macaron I ever came across. This beauty of a dessert is an original creation of Pierre Herme, a famous French pastry chef,  a pair of large disc of macarons sandwiched in between raspberries and lychee with rose essence. A truly divine dessert that I relish each bite.

Not to miss also is The Diamond Hotel's signature dessert, the Baked Cheesecake. Indeed a very rich and not too sweet dessert with the sharp, salty cheese flavor. 

There's a whole lot of things to try here at The Cake Club, especially with the desserts. A return visit is already in the offing. ;)

1

UG/F, Bonifacio High Street Central
7th Ave cor 29th Street
Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City

621-3176











No comments:

Post a Comment