Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Getting Stuck At Stacy's

2013-05-25-4392
ribs at Stacy's


You might be wondering why such a title? Because I literally got stuck and stranded at Stacy's for almost thirty minutes or so just as I was about to leave because of a heavy downpour brought about a sudden thunderstorm that appeared out of nowhere.


2013-05-25-4383
restaurant's logo


2013-05-25-4382
butter popcorn

Stacy's was not my first option to dine when I went to BGC recently. I was actually looking for this breakfast place but got lost searching for it. Directionally challenged that I am, I was not actually surprised he-he! ;) My feet already felt wobbly from the afternoon long walk and almost called it a day when I saw the familiar facade of Stacy's along Rizal Drive. I've been to their Capitol Hills branch and remembered quite well how I enjoyed their food on that visit. So without a scintilla of hesitation, I went in and was immediately but graciously led to one of the tables upstairs.

2013-05-25-4384
cream of wild mushroom

2013-05-25-4391
texas barbecued ribs

Just like it's Capitol Hill counterpart, the Stacy's in BGC evoke that homey atmosphere with floral and wood accents dominate the interior. The idyllic setting somehow reminded me that this could be plucked out straight from Ira Levin's The Stepford Wives novel. They still served the complimentary butter popcorn with a lone curly cued pink pretzel. Something to munch on and to while away time as you await for your orders.

First to arrive was the Cream Of Wild Mushroom. It's always nice to start off things with a searing hot and creamy soup, especially if the weather is cool. This soup just perked up my tastebuds and eagerly awaited for the main entree.

The Texas Barbecued Ribs had me head-over-heels and almost prompted me to roll over on the floor. It's so damn good! The was very tender and the barbecue sauce was just a killer! I was licking my lips the whole time I was eating this. I only just wish the portion of ribs was twice as big. I also liked how prettily this dish was presented. Me loved the heart-shaped herbed rice! :)

2013-05-25-4390
Bailey's choco cake

2013-05-25-4389
honeycomb cake

Nowadays, I try to avoid any cake-based dessert that has chocolate appended on it's name as much as possible. I'm sure a lot of people might gasped on this revelation, especially my friends who were mostly chocoholics. Frankly, who wouldn't like to have a bite of a decadently, rich chocolate cake? It came to a point for me that all chocolate cakes that I came across recently has that one-tract chocolate flavor that I couldn't help but get bored with it. I'm sure other people would fall over the Bailey's Choco Cake, but chocolate cakes were not my thing for now.

I was all over though with the Honeycomb Cake. A looker of a cake with it's crispy honeycomb pieces on top of a very light layered sponge cake. I finished this monster of a cake in no time.

2013-05-25-4394
peanut butter milkshake

I do liked their Peanut Butter Milkshake. I really do. The discernible dollops of peanut butter sucked through the straw in between sips of it's cool, thick and creamy liquid just sent my heart giddy. However, the only flaw for me on this drink was that they've utilized a not-very-sturdy paper straw. In between sipping of this drink, I've noticed how the passage of the straw's half-part that was submerged on the liquid had shrunk and fell limp that made  the sucking through the straw completely futile. I ended up drinking the rest of it's content straight from the glass which lessened it's charm. For me, milkshakes should always be sucked from a straw. 

I'm almost done with my meal and already polishing my honeycomb cake when suddenly a lightning reflection flashed. When I looked out the window, heavy rains already spattering on it staining the glass followed by gale-like winds. And it lasted longer than I expected. But I didn't get bored since I got to chat with some of the staff of Stacy's while waiting for the dismal weather to abate. Data connection on my phone also played the part. Checking out my newsfeed while nibbling on the complimentary Butter Ball candy made the wait seem all worthwhile.

1
Rizal Drive, Forbestown Heights
Bonifacio Global City
Taguig

Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment