Friday, December 13, 2013

Hot Soups & Some Other Things

Image
toast and laksa at Toast Box

Whether the weather is cold or drizzly, I always crave for something hot to slurp with. Such was the case on this two food places that I visited in BGC. Since it's already December and the air outside can sometimes give you the chills, I wouldn't mind paying them another visit and relish the searing hot soup that's teeming with flavor and goodness.

Rau Men At Recovery Food

Image
delectable sustenance at Recovery Food

There's a 24 hour comfort food joint at The Crossroads in Bonifacio Global City that I've only learned just recently. It's frequented by some famous personalities and was even visited by a former colleague of mine and vowed by the deliciousness of the food. Well, I would also want to have my own epiphany with the food being offered here in Recovery Food

Image
Rau Men

When the Rau Men was served, I fell upon it right away. Though I must admit the soup wasn't as thick as I hope it would be and the peanut flavor was not that pronounced. But I did appreciate the bite-y texture of the noodles and the flurry of heat on the broth.


Image
kitchen to gawk at

Image
oriental salad

Image
sweet spicy tuyo

I also enjoyed the Oriental Salad with a slightly sweet peanut dressing. Carefully I pour the dressing over the salad since I don't want to soak the veggies too much. This bowl has all my favorites: beansprouts, green mango, turnips, mixed greens and pineapple. I couldn't ask for anything more. And the dressing jazzed up the salad's freshness and flavor.

I also surmised that Recovery Food most popular dish and what the people are keep coming back for is the SST. No, it's not a secret salacious code. It stands for Sweet Spicy Tuyo. Shreds of tuyo meat (salted fish) tinged with a secret sweet-spicy marinade. I opted for the talangka brown rice for that full force umami flavor. The fried egg's yolk drench the rice and the tuyo sexily when pierced through. I was thoroughly fixated with this dish, pleasing the palate to no end.

Image
choices of sauces

Image
iced tea in bottle receptacle. Same thing with just plain water

Image
Turondots w/ dulce gatas
                 
The desserts were simple and straightforward. The Turondots were miniature sized that can be gobbled all after two big bites. Dipped it on the dulce gatas and create your own epiphany as it's delicious sweetness takes over.

Image

G/F Crossroads
32nd Street cor. 8th Avenue
Bonifacio Global City
Taguig

*******************************

Laksa At Toast Box


Image
nonya laksa

Apparently, Toast Box not only offers good kaya toasts and kopi but an excellent bowl of laksa as well. The brilliant orange color of their Nonya Laksa dazzles me. It's has a creamy coconut milk base with a power kick from the spices. It's raining outside as I eat this and the AC of the restaurant is in full force but I never felt even a slight shiver from the cold. Beads of perspiration are appearing instead on my forehead. But I ain't complaining. I just kept on scooping, slurping and savoring.

Image
floss set

For the toast, I had the Floss Set that comes with kopi and two soft boiled eggs. The toast were cut into little bite-sized squares for easy manuevering: from dipping it into the soft boiled eggs to popping it into one's mouth. The floss on this toast has a sweet undertone to it, further moistened by a little hint of condensed milk and butter. I only just wish that the container for the kopi is twice as large. I just love it's creaminess coupled with that unmistakable kick from a good, strong coffee.

Image
pierce, dip, devour

Image

Bonifacio One Technology Tower
3030 Rizal Drive West
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig

No comments:

Post a Comment