Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Sudden Whim Fulfilled

Image
desserts at Chateau 1771

Learning new stuff could be quite of a challenge. This prove to be the case after I got transferred to a new line of business in the company I'm currently working with. Good thing I'm getting ample support from friends and mentors that helps me to get by. But after one tedious workweek, I got this yearning to feed myself of some homey, comforting meal which also offers a very relaxing ambiance. Never mind if I have to brace the bumper-to-bumper traffic from Eastwood to Makati. If it would immensely satisfy my hankering, then I deem the long travel inconsequential.

Image
complimentary toasts and spread

So, here I was one Friday evening at Chateau 1771. Although I've already visited one of Chateau Group Of Companies' restaurant, Cafe 1771, I still categorize Chateau 1771 as its more luxuriant "big sister". As I await for my orders and munch on the complimentary melba toasts and spread, I saw on my social network's news feed several of my friends mentioning how horrible the traffic was that night. I exited the Facebook app and turned off my smartphone and focused my attention to the trio balladeer group from the UK, currently holding a concert just right outside Chateau and singing mostly OPM hits.

Image
cream of mushroom

raclette

dalanghita juice

Things started off nicely. The Cream Of Mushroom Soup was a truly hearty one. Searing hot and really creamy. The Raclette perked up my palette nicely. The tangy melted Swiss cheese very much complimented the baby potatoes and sliced gherkins. I surprised myself that I ordered the Dalanghita Juice for my choice of beverage, maybe to get curiosity out of the way. I was half-expecting to be assailed of extreme sourness as I made my tentative sip. Nothing of the sort happened. Just a slight tang and a whoosh of sweetness.

Hunter's Portobello

I was already halfway through my pasta when I realized that there's nary any meat on it. The Hunter's Portobello, as the name suggests, the portobello mushrooms is it's main attraction. Roasted portobello mushroom that were quite meaty that you would even miss the real deal. Covered in creamy mushroom sauce flavored with Port wine then toss unto strands of fettuccine noodles that were cooked perfectly al dente. The spears of asparagus placed lengthwise over the pasta dish gave it a very regal look.

panna cotta

lemon meringue torte

cafe mocha 

Of course, a meal for me wouldn't be complete without getting some desserts. The Panna Cotta was indeed light but I can't help but wish there's some syrup drizzled over it to lubricate the dessert somehow. I favored the Lemon Meringue Torte more. Flaky meringue with lemon filling and whipped cream. Sweet and slightly tangy. A great combination that got me smiling from eat to ear.

As I finished up my meal, I already felt the tension that slowly built on my body throughout the week departs itself from me. Good meals always do that to me and I'm grateful whenever that happens. I made a mental note that every time I felt the burden of work slowly caving in on me, all I need to do is to head to any of Chateau's group of restaurants, most especially Chateau 1771, and have my chi and balance back with the help of their wonderful food. *wink* ;) 

Lower Level
Greenbelt 5
Makati City

http://chateau1771.net





No comments:

Post a Comment