Sunday, January 13, 2013

Anchors Away, Army Navy!

2012-12-21-3627
Libertea, Freedom Fries & Starving Sailor

There's no doubt that Army Navy Burger & Burrito is the most popular fastfood chain in the metro today. It's the current "it" burger place, evident with a number of its stores that sprouted on strategic geographical locations last year. Most of my friends prefer Army Navy as their go to place whenever they crave for a good sized burger, partnered of course with some Freedom Fries and Libertea. But Army Navy offers more than just burgers, fries and their famous iced tea.


2012-10-05-2750
counter

2012-12-21-3626
signage

2012-10-05-2752
This is where you put all the waste, Navy!

The concept of most Army Navy store was patterned to a Quonset hut. Minimalist in design yet maintaining a trendy vibe to it. By the way, the military motif burger place is a sister company of Yellow Cab Pizza which I just learned is a Filipino brand. Hooray for that!

1
Burrito meal

3
veggies on my burrito

Aside from burgers, Army Navy is also proud of their burritos. The Steak Burritos is a flour tortilla wrap filled with a flavorful Spanish rice, meat, some beans, lettuce, cilantro and onions. I alternately used the provided dips but either case the burrito is good as is. I only just wish more of the meat was added in the burrito.

2012-10-05-2755
Classic Burger

2012-10-05-2754
Freedom Fries and milkshake

2012-10-05-2756
Chili Verde

Army Navy is best known for their Bully Boy burger, a triple stacked quarter pound beef patty with the requisite lettuce, tomatoes, onions, mayo and ketchup on kaiser bun dotted with toasted sesame seeds. But on this visit to their new branch in Eastwood, I don't feel like being man-up that fully with all those meat so I just had the Classic Burger, a single,quarter pound burger with all of its necessary trimmings. I developed quite an affection with the Chili Verde hot sauce that they had which has a milder taste than the regular Tabasco sauce. I dripped some of the chili verde to my burger and it elevated the flavor to greater heights.

I think it's already a given to order the Freedom Fries every time you order a meal here in Army Navy. It kind of reminded me of a crispy and dehydrated version of the fries being offered on another popular food chain that mainly sells chicken (Hint, hint). But another item that I appreciate on Army Navy's menu that I think should be a requirement on any burger joints is the presence of milkshake. I've tried the Vanilla and Chocolate and would like to try the Ube variant next time. The milkshake is sufficient to satisfy one's sweet tooth but I still wish more of the sugary sweets will be added on the menu in the future.

2012-12-21-3628
Starving Sailor

But my easiest favorite in Army Navy is their Starving Sailor Sandwich. A full-size sub sandwich with your choice of meat (I decided to have the Rib Eye Steak version) topped with JalapeƱo-cheese spread, green bell peppers and (a plus for me) caramelized onions. I always prefer caramelized onions than the raw ones since well cooked onions (especially white onions) brings out its natural sweetness. I also like the sturdiness of the sourdough, the perfect bread to hold up everything in its cargo. Just the right sandwich for a "starving sailor" like me.

4


GF, A2 3B, Eastwood Ave.
Eastwood City, E. Rodriguez Jr Ave. 
Bagumbayan Quezon City 

armynavyburgerburrito.com



No comments:

Post a Comment