Monday, May 12, 2014

A Maple On Your Pancake Would Do You Good

pancake at Maples

I adore breakfast. Who could just resist the sweet aroma of just cooked garlic fried rice and a side of longganisa or cheese omelette with ham or even just a perfectly cooked sunny side up egg sprinkled with some salt? Or even better, pancakes or waffles. Fluffy orbs dusted with some powdered sugar then slathered with butter and syrup. And if the flapjacks in question are as big as the plate it sits on, then I'll just jump on my feet and shout for joy.

table setting

complimentary bread and butter

But it pained me to rise so early to pursue a good brekkie meal. By the time I get to the restaurant, the breakfast menu was already tucked away and replaced with the regular items (insert sad face here). That's why I praise those food establishments who's brave enough to offer all-day (and night!) breakfast food. On this visit to Maple, I'll be having my breakfast food for dinner. 

I can't help but grin from ear to ear as the menu was handed over to me. The crimson colored cover of the menu with the intricately designed maple tree emblazoned on it in lustrous gold color anticipates a luxurious breakfast offering. Naturally, my expectations were high.

A bread in spherical shape was given to me while I wait with a side of unsalted butter. The server used a pair of thongs to place the bread unto the plate before me. The bread was quite hot to the touch, apparently. I have to give it a few minutes before I could pierce small pieces of it. 


vanilla milkshake


Swiss chocolate pancake

maple syrup

I was delighted when my Swiss Chocolate Buttermilk Pancakes finally arrived. They're huge circumference of delicious fluffiness with melted Felchlin chocolate as filling on each layer and more of the chocolate shaving dusted all over the pancakes. It's an arresting view. Drizzle the pancakes with the provided maple syrup and experience that grandiose feeling of utter bliss take over.

Is there really so much of a good thing? Maybe for some people. But I wouldn't pass up trying the milkshake here. The Vanilla Milkshake is thick and creamy, cold and sweet. I only just hope it's also the kind of milkshake that could also "bring all the boys to the yard". Hehehe! Where did that come from?


Maple burger

Trailing after the pancakes, the Maple Burger is a scary proposition. It's huge enough to be shared by two people. I'm beginning to think that all the servings here at Maple are meant to be shared. The beef patty is indeed very juicy and lip-smacking good. The maple glazed bacon gave the burger an irresistible palatable feel. The side of fries are crisp and starchy. Love this!


chocolate croughnut


croughnut and latte


Of course, how can I say no to a promise of a very sweet ending? The Dark Chocolate Ganache Croughnut is like a beautiful yet edible creation of chocolate desire, the ganache almost covering the croughnut entirely. Studded with nuts then topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a sprig of mint, this dessert is indeed a sight to behold. I haven't found a croughnut yet that's as exceptional as being depicted all over media, whether online or in print. Well, I haven't really eaten that many croughnut, truth be told. I'm not really all too crazy about it. But this croughnut version of Maple suffices. Deeply chocolaty, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream melting to provide cool creaminess on each bite. It's a straight out delicious dessert that could surely pleases anyone.























L/GF, Shangri-la Plaza Mall
Shaw Boulevard cor EDSA
Mandaluyong

477-8027



No comments:

Post a Comment