Saturday, October 1, 2011

McCafé Is Where My Heart Is

mccafe
    
 I'm always enamored with McCafé. There was never a time that I didn't enjoyed their beverages (either hot or cold) or their pastries (both savory and sweet) they offered. So, when I first learned that the newly renovated McDonald's store in Greenhills was finally open, in spite of the impending rain (Quiel, is that you?) I went there just to see how different this store from any other McDonald's store we have in the metro.


goodies

interior
      
       I should have gone there during their first day of opening, which was last September 30. I heard that there was like a buffet of some sort where they served Chicken McDo, among other things. Apparently, this opening was part of McDonald's 30th year in the Philippines. Aside from the Greenhills branch, they simultaneously opened three other stores in Makati Cinema Square, North Avenue & Quezon Avenue, branding these stores as their Anniversary Stores. Coolness! :)

       From the moment I set foot inside this new McDonald's store, I was in awe. Its was more like a casual dining restaurant, if you ask me. From the unique lighting that they have, the wonderful graffiti, chaise lounges and swivel chairs...this might actually be my favorite McDonald's store of them all. I quickly went to the McCafé section of the store and was naturally hypnotized by their new selections of desserts. Here are what I ordered...

Midnight Chocolate Cake



chocolate cake

          Moist and gooey chocolate cake, with a chocolate ganache that was truly decadent.


Peach Boat Tart

peach tart

         My favorite among all the sweets I've tried. Luscious peaches with a single cherry. Tart that easily surrendered with the force of my fork, and there was a surprise chocolate crust underneath. 

Caramel Bar


caramel bar

             Sweet caramel bar with a slightly salty custard sauce on top. A playful interplay of sweet and salty in your palate.


Premium Hot Chocolate


hot chocolate

       Formerly named Cocoa Steamer, this premium hot chocolate was one of the best I've tried. A very intense and rich chocolate flavor captured in this cup. 


Rocky Road Tart



rocky road brownie


       My least favorite among the desserts I've tried, I find it just a normal brownie bar with melted marshmallows on top. Good, but nothing spectacular.


        Don't scold me, but this actually what comprised my lunch for today. No burger or fries in this food chain. Just the cakes and the hot choco. I know it's bad, but I just can't help it ;)


desserts

dessert & hot choco


    As you can see, the interiors are truly one of a kind. According to an interview made by Andre of RX to its branch manager that I've heard yesterday in TMR, (where I also learned that this McDonald's branch is already open), that they patterned this store to the ones commonly seen in Europe. Snazzy! ;)

graffiti


         I even find their new trash bins very chic and trendy. How cool is that! 

label trash bins

     If you wanted to relish a different kind of McDonald's experience. Head now to this revamped Anniversary store in Greenhills. And please, please, aside from the requisite burgers, fries and drinks, do try the desserts and beverages in McCafe. Its really worth it. Believe me! =)


mcdonalds store; greenhills





      


McDonald's Store
(Greenhills Shopping Center)

Theatre Mall, Crossroad Arcade, Ortigas Ave., Greenhills
San Juan, Metro Manila
Philippines
(02) 8-6236

No comments:

Post a Comment