Sunday, November 23, 2014

A Quaint Little Italian Place

food at La Grotta

It's been quite a while since I last posted, I know. I've been sidetracked by a lot of things lately. Mostly, I've been reading a lot that pretty much preoccupied my free time. I finally finished the Lord Of The Rings books (thank heavens! I've been sitting down with that series for about a year now) and had read a couple of others more (most notably the memoir by Elizabeth Wurtzel entitled Prozac Nation, which I quite enjoyed reading, and just started with a Louisa May Alcott classic, Little Women). But that doesn't excused me for not updating my online diary. So, I'll tell you about this quaint little Italian restaurant in Makati that I quite enjoyed dining recently.

dining area

open kitchen

People residing or working around Legaspi Village may already have heard (or dined) at La Grotta Cucina Italiana. It's been known as a secluded place away from the maddening crowd to ensure a relax Italian meal, perhaps with a significant other or your best pal. The place was pretty much empty when I came here at 6PM but lo and behold it became crowded at around 7PM. So the so-called "secret" Italian restaurant is not so secret anymore, I guess.

fresh fruit juice

complimentary bread

I should have opted for a nice sweet white wine for this dinner but I ended up asking for a fresh Mango Fruit Shake for some reason. I munched on the complimentary bread served with olive oil and balsamic vinegar or an option to smear the bread with butter and pate. 


linguine alla grotta

margherita pizza

It may not be picture perfect but the Linguine Alla Grotta maybe the best cream based pasta I tried, ever. The ricotta cream cheese sauce on this pasta is really marvelous. Pointing up the flavors of the bacon and the Italian sausage exquisitely. I'll go back for this.

I always order the Margherita Pizza whenever I'm in an Italian restaurant. Maybe because I just really wanted to make it pretty simple without all that complicated toppings that might create a confusion, palate-wise. La Grotta's le pizze is pretty decent. Even though it's a thin crust type of pizza (me being a thick crust fan) like this one very much.


panna cotta

Of course, how would I end a meal without having some dolci. The Panna Cotta, though sufficiently sweet and quivery, seems too small a portion. I should have ordered two of these to appease my craving for sweet.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed my dining at La Grotta that I'm planning to go back here soon. I might be more adventurous next time when I swing back by ordering more of the meat entrees.


















(Photo c/o La Grotta Facebook Page)
G/F Angelus Building
104 V.A. Rufino St.,
Legaspi Village
Makati City

www.lagrottainc.com





No comments:

Post a Comment