Sunday, November 30, 2014

A Quick Detour In Loyola Heights

coffee & gelato at Third District

People searching for the best grub in Quezon City (most notably the Ateneo part of the street) often goes to Katipunan because of the wide array of choices of restaurants. Especially now that UP Town Center is now in full swing, you might easily miss out the other "noteworthy" food places that foodies may also consider checking in nearby area. Like Loyola Heights.

A Neighborhood Joint For The Coffee Lovers

inside Third District

I had my reservations coming to Third District, a third wave cafe located at the ground floor of Xavier Residence Building in Esteban Abada due to mixed feedbacks I've read on the Net but glad I still went on to check the cafe since I quite enjoyed my stay here.

flat white

Bacon & Waffle

straciatella gelato & flat white

A young looking barista took my order. When I asked for a milky type of coffee, she readily suggested the Flat White. The micro bubble foam forming a delicate latte art makes this drink a lush one. Smooth and silky, I almost wished for another cup.

The bacon & waffle billed as The Breakfast is surprisingly pleasant. Soft waffle glazed with bourbon syrup. Lubricate it even more with the yolk of egg perched atop. 

And who could resist gelato for dessert. And the Straciatella is a good choice with bits of chocolate on each spoonful.


yolk oozing down the waffle

My experience at Third District turned out to be quite pleasant I've been thinking of coming back here real soon. Perhaps with some friends that I could tag along.














G/F Xavier Residence
Rosa Alvero cor Esteban Abada
Loyola Heights, Q. C.

434-1079

*****************************************
Milkshakes To Cool Yourself Down On A Hot Humid Night


At Starr's


Part of my strategic plan on this visit to Loyola Heights is to drop by Starr's Famous Milkshakes.  My previous attempts proved to be in vain since every time I went here the place was crowded. But on this visit, I have Starr's all for myself.


Vanilla Blue Heaven Milkshake

I was actually eyeing the milkshake variant with Horlicks on it but was told that they've run out of Horlicks. It almost made me run out of the place, really but sanity prevailed and I asked for the Vanilla Blue Heaven Milkshake. Basically just vanilla milkshake with food color. This one is just okay. Maybe I was still caught up with the sad fact that my preferred milkshake just eluded me to fully enjoy what I was drinking.





















48 Xavier Residence
Rose Alvero
Loyola Heights, Q.C.

*****************************************
Chocolate Cakes With Attitudes



chocolate cakes at Chocolat


What better way to end the night than to indulge with chocolate cakes, the colors of which imitates the night sky. Such is the case with Chocolat which offer "deep dark chocolate cakes". Indeed, the deep color of their chocolate cakes are striking, especially if placed on a pearly white plates.

chocolate caramel

chocolate hazelnut

The limited sitting place made me undecided if they accept dining-in customers or should I ordered my cakes to go. But one of the busy staff (there's two of them who were ever so busy puttering on the makeshift kitchen) told me that they most welcome guests who would like to eat their cakes on the premises. 

I was able to try two cakes, the Chocolate Hazelnut which has a more milky chocolate finish to it, evident on a nugget of hazelnut chocolate garnished atop the cake slice. The other one is the Chocolate Caramel, this cake variant has a darker, smoldering chocolate flavor intensified by the sweetness of the caramel filling and the caramel swirls.

brewed coffee

And a cup of brewed black coffee serves as my aide to intake all those deep chocolatey goodness. 













G/F Llanar Building
Xavierville Avenue
Loyola Heights, Q.C.



No comments:

Post a Comment