Monday, November 30, 2015

Broasted Chicken, Icy Gelato & Damn Good Mexican Food


Detailing a few good eats I've been to when I visited the Magnolia-Gilmore Street in a not too distant past.

Broaster Chicken

Broaster Chicken in Robinsons Magnolia


I was in Robinson's Magnolia one time trying to catch a movie. I already forgotten what movie it was but I arrived late for its scheduled screening. So instead of sulking, I decided to check out Broaster Chicken which I first read about on a blog entry made by Yedy of YediLicious.

one piece chicken

Cajun burger

Broaster Chicken prides itself of a healthier option of eating chicken since they don't fry the chicken but follow a method of broasting which is a combination of broiling and roasting which results to less oil. Not to mention the skin is ultra crispy. The meat juicy. My one piece rice meal may look too plane jane but it packs a wallop of goodness. 

The Cajun Chicken Burger is also pleasing with a spice that will tingle your tastebuds. And love the side of onion rings that goes along with it. This chicken place has recently changed its name to Chicken Shack but still carry the Broaster Chicken brand.




















Robinsons Magnolia
Dona M. Hemady Avenue
Quezon City

*********
Art's Cream Gallery


gelato at Art's Cream Gallery


Before leaving Robinsons Magnolia, I decided to drop by Art's Cream Gallery. I tried the Pistachio and what I think is the Sugar-Free Vanilla Chocolate Chip Gelatos. But I wasn't impressed. It wasn't as creamy as I imagined it would be and the texture is too icy. Maybe a wrong choice of flavors on my part? I'm not quite sure.



Robinsons Magnolia
Dona M. Hemady Avenue
Quezon City

*************

Hermanos Taco Shop


I'm not completely satiated yet so I decided to drop by Hermanos Taco Shop in Gilmore to get my Mexican dinner fix.

carne asada soft tacos

cheese quesadillas


I must admit that I ordered quite lightly at Hermanos Taco Shop since I'm already eating most of the day and I don't want to push my boundaries (read: stomach space) that far. But I'm very pleased with what I've tried and I promised to come back for more. The Cheese Quesadillas are delicious with a very fiery salsa to go along with it. I also enjoyed the hefty serving of Carne Asada Soft Tacos that comes with a gravy dip.

horchata

cinnamon crisp

Instead of ordering for the usual sodas or iced tea, I asked for the House Horchata, a Mexican drink made of rice, cinnamon and sugar. It has a subtle milky taste to it that is quite sweet. For dessert, I had the Cinnamon Crisp, deep fried flour tortilla dusted with cinnamon and sugar then drizzled with caramel. It's already good on its own but wouldn't it be great if one has an option to add a dollop of cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream to it?




















27 Granada Avenue
corner Jose O Vera Street
Valencia, Quezon City


































No comments:

Post a Comment