Monday, January 25, 2016

My Food Adventure At Aguirre Street

burger and chicken fingers at The Burgery

The idea of going to the South scares me. I think anyone would feel the same way especially if you're about to traverse an unfamiliar territory. But then again if you're like me you easily get tired going to the usual route of food places like Kapitolyo, Maginhawa and Lilac Street, the prospect of visiting an unknown place can be an enticing idea. Armed with guts and a few directional instructions from my friends, I set out to visit Aguirre Street in BF Homes.

The Burgery

inside The Burgery

I thought this first venture to the South would be a failure when I erroneously went to SM Sucat and not to SM BF Homes. Frustrated and tired, I almost given up and went home empty handed when a gracious cab driver drove me back to SM BF Homes where I then rode a tricycle that drove me to the long stretch that is Aguirre Street.

I was trying to find a certain restaurant when I chance upon the inviting facade of The Burgery. The sleek interior dominated by wood channels the restaurant's Mafia-like persona that's clearly manifested on their menu.


The Bucher & Billy Fingers


It's really hard to choose which burger I will try but I settled with The Butcher since it has all the necessary trimmings of a good (and greasy) burger. And I love it! It's only hard to eat it with bare hands due to the heftiness of the burger so I conceded and used the provided utensils in demolishing this heavyweight burger.

And I also enjoyed the starter that I've ordered which is the Billy Fingers. Breaded chicken fingerlings breaded and perked up with Cajun spice.


brownie mug

For dessert, the Brownie Mug which is basically a warm brownie topped with vanilla ice cream and swirled with some chocolate sauce.












231 C Aguirre Street
BF Homes, Paranaque City

facebook.com/theburgerybf

****************

Magnum Opus Fine Coffees


Belgian heartbreak and Azure Of The Gods at Magnum Opus


It's getting late. But I refused to leave Aguirre without paying a visit to Magnum Opus Fine Coffee, one of the very first who started the 3rd wave movement of coffee shop in the metro. I had a hard time finding it, I even have to check Google Maps twice to be ascertained of its location. It's actually located on the second of Prime Building which is right off the street. I breathed a sigh of relief once I found it.

I waste no time dilly-dallying on which I would order when I was handed down their very compact coffee menu. I asked for the Belgian Heartbreak, a hot espresso based drink infused with Belgian chocolate. But of course, having something to nibble with always goes hand in hand with a good cup of coffee. I had an equally luxurious Azure Of The Gold, a citrusy lemon cake with melted Belgian chocolate ganache and sea salt. It's insanely good and made my tiring trek to Aguirre worth it.





















115 Aguirre Ave.,
BF Homes, Paranaque












No comments:

Post a Comment