Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Chicken, Waffles & So Much More

food at Catabolic Cafe

I won't deny, the name of this cafe is what lured me directly to it when I visited Catabolic Cafe in Teacher's Village recently. Though charming as the name may sound, it would still boils down to the food on offer. On my way here, I passed by this ultra famous cafe famed for it's Harry Potter inspired ambience (I bet you already know which cafe I'm referring to). I'm almost tempted to try this out instead if not for the ridiculous line and the seemingly impatient people that makes up the line that scared me away.

inside Catabolic Cafe

The chaos at the scene from that said cafe is in sharp contrast with the cozy, almost serene atmosphere at Catabolic Cafe. I felt quite relieved as soon as I arrived. I sauntered first at their display of sweet offerings before taking a seat.

chicken and waffles

chicken and waffles (up close)

It's easy for me to pick the Chicken & Waffle from their very compact menu, a staple food in North America. The chicken is flavorful and well-seasoned though a bit dry. The waffles' crunchy soft but a bit too sweet for me. 


Sweetleaf's Black Sesame & Cream Cheese Cookie

Chocolate Cake

Cafe Mocha

I have no complaints with the desserts. The Black Sesame Cookie provided by Sweetleaf Soft Cookies excites with nuggets of cream cheese filling up the grooved surface. The simple Chocolate Cake delights pulsing with its chocolate bravado in each bite, a perfect companion to the Cafe Mocha.

I've learned they added the Bibingka Waffles on their menu recently. Enough reason for me to go back to Catabolic Cafe once I'm in the area again of Malingap Street.






















Catabolic Cafe

22 Malingap Street
Brgy Teachers Village, Q.C.

www.cataboliccafe.com













No comments:

Post a Comment