Friday, October 14, 2016

Recent Eats

pizza and pasta at Cucina di Francesco

Since the weekend is fast approaching and many of us are raring to use this break to refuel from the toxic work week by indulging with some good food, here are some food places suggestions that you might be interested to check out.

Brick Burger

This burger joint instantly caught my attention when we passed by Hampton Gardens on our way to Pineda to visit my sick Tita. But never did I realized how fast becoming popular Brick Burger not until I visited them just recently. Die hard Lego fans without a doubt are automatically drawn to this ostensibly Lego-themed restaurant. Their burgers were extremely popular that I have to return the following day since the first time I did drop by, their burgers were already sold out just minutes (and I'm not exaggerating here) after they've opened.

Since I don't have the resilience to wait till late afternoon to replenish their stock, I just decided to drop by the next day, much earlier this time before their opening hours with a book in tow so waiting wouldn't that much pain to commit. 

one of the main attraction inside the burger restaurant

Lego collectibles

Lego collectibles on the wall

One of the waitstaff who've worked with a few restaurants swears that I will not be disappointed with the burgers at Brick Burger, even naming dropping a few burger joints whom he thinks fail in comparison with their burgers. I admired the guy's brazenness but that still needs to be put to the test. So I keep myself busy admiring the plethora of Lego collectibles while I eagerly await for my burger.

Cheesy Mac Burger

I was expecting for a yellow hued bun when I ordered the Cheesy Mac Burger so I was a little disappointed when it was donned with a red sesame seed bun instead. But I still admired the meticulous detail that went into this masterpiece. I just forgot to ask the server what sort of science did they implement to create a burger that resembles a Lego brick. It took me a while before I gnash my teeth into this beauty. Wouldn't you feel the same way? But once my tongue got a whiff of the savory burger, its juicy beefiness further teased my encroaching hunger, I just ate the whole thing up with wanton abandon.























Hampton Gardens Arcade
C. Raymundo
Pasig City

*******************
Cucina di Francesco


interior

display counter

I first heard about Cucina di Francesco while watching Pop Talk, one of the guest chef reviewer on the episode was Waya Araos-Wijanco of Gourmet Gypsy Art Cafe and the now-defunct Kiss The Cook. She announced in passing of a new restaurant she just opened in Libis recently and it piqued my interest right away.

Her small Italian nook of a restaurant were situated inside the Padre Pio Church compound, same place where The Custaroonery is located. The overcast sky promised an impending downpour when I arrived here and the brightly-lit interior immediately give off that homey vibe. I also couldn't help myself glancing a couple of times at the various bread selections proffered at the glass counter. It kind of remind me of Apero (which I'll talk about in a future post) but Cucina di Francesco has a more casual feel.

Picante


Lasagna Al Forno

Pizza and pasta are the usual strength of an Italian restaurant so I decided to have them here in Cucina di Francesco. I tried the Picante Pizza which is loaded with spicy pepperoni and a strung of tomato slices. Though it's a thin-crust type of pizza, it wasn't papery thin (a middle ground for both lovers of thin crust and thick crust pizzas) with doughy/chewy enough middle and crackly thin, crispy edges. Great stuff!

I also adore the Lasagna Al Forno. A very filling portion baked to perfection with bolognese sauce and teeming with so much cheese. These are the kinds of food I would gladly gain more pounds for.


torta di ciccolato and mocha flat white

Sadly, I couldn't say the same with their dessert. The Torta di Ciccolato is a forlorn affair. I was somehow expecting a delicious synergy of a hot and cold dessert and this one isn't. At least the Mocha Flat White is decent. But that didn't put me off in visiting Cucina di Francesco in the future. I wanna try the Bacon Gnocchi Wrap next time. I'll just stay away from their desserts for now.





















RER (St Pio Chapel) Compound188 E Rodriguez Jr Ave.
Bagumbayan, Quezon City























No comments:

Post a Comment