Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Angel & Fire

cakes at Angel's Kitchen

I was in Greenhills one time scouting for a trade paperback of a Stephen King novel at a Fully Booked branch there when the siren song of my stomach grumbling made me decide to drop by Angel's Kitchen for a quick bite. 

melba toasts and pate

katsudon

Melba toasts with pate was given to whet the appetite. But I immediately wolfed down on the Katsudon when it was served before me. A pretty rice bowl of breaded pork chops strewn with veggies, coddled egg, adorned with strips of nori on top gave it a nice touch. Pretty decent but I'm eyeing to try their bestseller Pinakbet Rice next time.

strawberry shortcake

sunburst lemon cake

I can't help but ogle at the display counter showcasing their cake selections. I would want to try them all but I decided to try at least two of the cakes. Strawberry Shortcake which is nicely moist, and Sunburst Lemon Cake. I'll admit the name of this dessert intrigued me. The lemon essence of the cake might be strong for some but I liked it and will definitely come back for more.




















57 Connecticut Street
Northeast Greenhills
San Juan


************* 

Fireside by Kettle is more like an upgrade from Kettle's original menu. I might say that Fireside branch in Megamall is way better than the EDSA Shangri-la branch since it's more spacious and I really dig the muted lighting and sleek industrial interiors. I was only taken aback when one of the staff discouraged me to try the Buttermilk Fried Chicken Fingers and their Homemade Doughnuts stating that my choices were too immense for a single diner.  It should be left for the diner to decide whether the order is ostensibly big, is it not? And there's always an option for take-out.

interior

ripe mango shake

truffled potato chips

50/50 meatloaf

I happily munched on the Truffled Potato Chips while waiting for my main meal to arrive. It's really quite addicting. But I quickly forgot about the chips when the 50/50 Meatloaf arrives. The meatloaf with its scintillating grill marks while the gravy sauce dribbled over it glistens. It's a divine dish to taste and savor.

Coconut Checkered Cake

I ended my meal with a Coconut Checkered Cake and coffee. Nicely moist cake sprinkled heavily with desiccated coconut on top. Soo good! I have nothing more to ask.
















Third Floor, Mega Fashion Hall
SM Megamall
Mandaluyong City



No comments:

Post a Comment