Saturday, April 7, 2018

My Fat Belly Is So Happy


Buttermilk Fried Chicken w/ Ube Waffle in Salted Egg Sauce

I never thought that dining in this quite unassuming cafe would prompt me to go back to blogging. 


In the past few months, I've been tagging my Nanay along to some of my food trips. Always taking into consideration the travel time when I'm with her since I don't own a car and commuting can be a taxing (no pun intended) thing to do especially with the congested traffic you would normally expect in Manila's main thoroughfares. This travel to UP Town Center has been the farthest yet we've traveled together.

menu

interior

We had to circle around the mall premises before finding The Fat Seed Cafe + Roastery, a cafe I've been eyeing to try since I got a whiff of its existence online. I instantly became enthused by the cafe's industrial but very homey interiors. The impressive graffiti dotting  the main wall of the cafe were definitely eye-catching. I would have want to take a selfie with those very detailed artwork as my background but my bashfulness got in the way.

Truffled Mac 'n Cheetos


The Fat Seed Burger

We started off with the Truffle Mac 'n Cheetos. Mac and cheese made richer with truffle oil and punctuated with crushed Cheetos on top. Such genius! I almost ate more than half of my share.

I had a hard time ruining the beautifully plated Buttermilk Fried Chicken w/ Ube Waffle in Salted Egg Sauce. But the call of my unsatiated hunger was much stronger. We alternately dunk some chicken pieces and chunks of waffle to the proffered bacon infused maple syrup and salted egg sauce and we compared which one we liked better.

But the one I really fall for was The Fat Seed Burger. There's nothing much in the description about this burger on the menu but once I gave it a generous bite I almost could stop gushing about it all throughout our meal. A perfectly cooked juicy burger patty right smack between sturdy black buns. It's simple yet delivers such a wallop.

Cafe Mocha

Chocolate Milkshake

I was a little surprised they don't offer any desserts so I just subsist with their Chocolate Milkshake. Sweet and thick that I was grinning from ear to ear after taking a few valiant sips. Nanay got a Cafe Mocha with the cutest rabbit latte art. I stole a sip from it and I almost wished I also ordered another cup for myself. 






















Ground Floor, Phase 2
UP Town Center
Katipunan Avenue
Diliman, Q.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment