Sunday, May 6, 2018

Up And About Just To Get Good Eats


food at Filio



I've been out and about lately for the sole purpose of devouring some delicious grubs. 

A Travel To The South

Molito

at Exchange Alley Coffee House

It can be painstaking to travel to Alabang coming from the Pasig area. You have to brace the hellish traffic, the dust, smoke and other pollutants perpetuating the air and the taxing  (pun not intentional) proposition of transferring from one commuter vehicle to the other. That's why I usually travel to the South during the weekend when traffic is a little more bearable.

I specifically went to Alabang, specifically to Molito to hopefully try this uber-famous ramen-ya but luck wasn't on my side that day and this ramen restaurant was packed to the rafters by the weekend crowd. I scurry my sorry ass away and went instead to Exchange Alley Coffee House to nurse my broken heart. But more importantly, to satiate my now grumbling stomach.

iced mocha

smoked gouda cheesecake

shakshouka

I was a little upset that I wasn't able to try their Shake Au Lait on this visit. Was told up front that my drink of choice wasn't available that day so I settled for an Iced Mocha. But that minor setback was reversed significantly with how satisfied I was with the food I did try at Exchange Alley. The Shakshouka, a tomato based egg dish that I would usually order whenever I see it on the menu was pleasing. The spice doesn't jolts the tongue but caresses it mildly. I also quite enjoyed the Smoked Gouda Cheesecake. I've been popping one forkful of it after another that I was a little surprised to find everything was wiped off completely in minutes.


enticing counter at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory

I chanced upon the enticing facade of the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory as I entered the Molito Lifestyle Center complex. The promise of eating desserts and other sugary treats that would make me gush and smile from ear to ear what made me decide to finally enter this sweet haven. 


truffles


matcha frappe

I stopped short when I check out their wide array of caramel apples, truffles and chocolate bars. The prices are a little exorbitant. A chocolate bark could nearly cost around 400 pesos already. I would have like to try one of their caramel apples (the designs are really eye-catching) but I'm afraid I might end up missing a tooth upon first bite so I settled from some truffles (Candy Cane and Cafe Au Lait) and a Matcha Frappe which is sadly watery and lacking the strong matcha flavor that I'm looking for.

Both EXCHANGE ALLEY COFFEE HOUSE and ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHOCOLATE FACTORY are located at:

Molito Commercial Complex
Alabang, Muntinlupa City

************

Meet Up With Some Friends


rice bowls and chowder

carrot cake

I got a chance to meet up with some friends after an enervating work week. We've been discussing via Messenger which restaurant to try over the past week and we finally settle at B&P in Ortigas. We're a group of hungry women (hehehe! sorry can't help to say that) so we all got their rice bowls called Chef's Bowls (The Don Malutong, The Prime Rib Tapa and the Kimchicken, I believe) and some soups (red molo soup and chowder). But I really fall for their Carrot Cake, super moist with a delectable buttercream. I managed to snagged quite a number of forkful and would have demolished it all by myself if I wasn't sharing it with two other ladies who's appetite could well match mine.

B&P 
Robinsons Cyberscape Alpha
Garner Road
San Antonio, Pasig City

***********

Getting Lost In Antipolo


at Filio

I first learned about Filio Bistro when my cousins posted in social media their get together in that restaurant. They also posted some snapshots of the menu which piqued my interest. So I decided to pay Filio a visit, tagging my Nanay along. I consulted Google Maps and Nanay texted my cousin to get some direction assistance. But when we arrived at Shopwise in Sumulong, our directional prowess escaped us he-he! We ended up hailing a tricycle to bring us to the restaurant which is right beside the La Salle school.

cakes on display

buffalo wings

Chicken BBQ and Filio's Cheeseburger

blueberry cheesecake


I was a little daunted when we were offered the menu of the very gracious staff at Filio. I was meaning to order the roast beef but ended up asking for the Chicken BBQ with java rice and mashed potato instead (which is one of their bestsellers, we were told) and a side order of Buffalo Wings. That's too much chicken to eat in a single order. I was surprised I didn't sprout any wings and fly after eating. Ha-ha! Nanay was quite happy with her Cheeseburger with fries that's crunchy and mushy inside. Quite good! Better than the fries from the fast food I'm frequenting. 

I would have asked for a slice of each of the cake on display but Nanay might glower and scold me for eating too much. So I settled for the Blueberry Cheesecake. A looker of a cake. It's creamy, tartly sweet and really, really good. I got mournful when the last of the crumbs was scraped out. Wishing to order another one. Maybe when I came back. I'll order again the blueberry cheesecake, the roast beef and a slice of each of the cake this time. *wink*


FILIO BISTRO
Lower Sumulong Memorial Circle
Antipolo City





No comments:

Post a Comment