Monday, September 16, 2013

Another Burger Odyssey

2013-09-07-4915
bacon cheeseburger at The Hungry Hound

I'm on a burger streak yet again. It seems that I would perennially gravitate towards this burger sandwich once I see it on the menu, no matter which restaurant I'm in. This unceasing adoration toward hamburgers was rooted deeply growing up eating burgers from McDonald's and Jollibee. And to eventually learn that there's a wide gamut of burger varieties that one could get from other food establishments has a certain enticement to me that I couldn't get from any other food.


OMG! It's That Burger!


2013-08-31-4850
the OMG Burger at Grace Park

I've been meaning to try Grace Park for the longest time but I'm not very well versed in Rockwell, Makati. I'm also very directionally challenged so looking for it the first time was a dismal failure. But after consulting Google Maps and a friend who knows the area, I finally found where Grace Park is situated in One Rockwell.

2013-08-31-4853
inside Grace Park

2013-08-31-4855
2nd floor dining area

I marvel the interior of Grace Park at first sight. It showcased a very rustic vibe with it's mismatch furniture, fixtures and cutlery. The menu itself was a charming touch, it was a recycled paper clipped on a cardboard. I was actually looking to try the Muscovado Beef Belly but when I spied the OMG Burger listed, everything else seems to fly out the window.

2013-08-31-4846
red grape shake

2013-08-31-4847
cauliflower clam chowder

To keep up with the restaurant's ambiance, the Red Grape Shake I ordered came on this nondescript looking tall plastic cup with a striped straw made of paper. No frills. Just downright sweet and cold enough to warrant a brain freeze.

The Cauliflower Clam Chowder came in as a surprise. I was expecting that it will be served inside a bowl of a sourdough bread. Nevertheless, it's a hot, creamy and briny soup that readied my palate for the next course.

2013-08-31-4852
the OMG burger

Now others have different affiliation with the name OMG Burger due to it's hefty price tag. The said burger is currently priced at P795.00. 'Mapapa-OMG ka sa mahal' was the general sentiment. I admit it was a bit of a splurge on my part but curiosity got the best of me. Maybe the burger is teeming with such umami goodness for it to billed as such. And me, being a self-proclaimed burger lover, wouldn't pass this opportunity up.

What really made me gasped 'OMG!' under my breath was the odd looking knife that was pierced right in the middle of the burger. The knife seemed to have been plucked out from the Medieval Era. The movie 300 by Zack Snyder swiftly came to mind. The burger itself was huge. Gargantuan in size would be the most appropriate term. It has two very thick beef patties which I asked to be cooked medium well, a slab of bacon and melting cheese. It's an honest-to-goodness beefy ecstasy that only burger lover like myself could appreciate, me thinks. Though I'm still very partial with Lusso's Foie Gras Burger (another of Gaita Fores' esteemed restau), this OMG burger comes close second.


2013-08-31-4856
lemon walnut cream pie

Of course, I wouldn't just leave without even trying a single dessert. The Lemon Walnut Cream Pie captured my attention instantly. It's sweet yet very tartly. The lemon zing was so intense in this dessert it would make your mouth crinkle somewhat. But I loved it. And before I knew it, everything was gone. Even the crumbs.

1
Ground Level, One Rockwell
Rockwell Drive
Rockwell Center
Makati City

***********************************
A Bacon Cheeseburger That Packs A Wallop


2013-09-07-4909
table setting

The Hungry Hound Pub & Kitchen has such a superstar line up of owners to its name (which includes The Fat Kid Inside's Erwan Heussaff, The Goose Station's Chef Rob Pengson and head kitchen chef, Gilbert Gomez) that this pub/restau will explode to popularity in no time. With the restaurant's very catchy name and that it's located on a very upscale BGC district, that seems to be inevitable. 

2013-09-07-4912
inside The Hungry Hound

2013-09-07-4910
one of the many eye-catching things to see inside

The wooden accents all-throught the restaurant was just captivating. The high ceiling and the natural light streaming from the windows gave it a more modern yet very relaxing feel. But if getting a fare share of cocktails and drinks is more your thing, Niner Ichi Nana, a cocktail bar right beside The Hungry Hound might suit you. 

2013-09-07-4911
cranberry juice

2013-09-07-4913
duk fat fries

I wanted to have drink with some nice tartly kick so I had the Cranberry Juice. It goes down so well with the Duck Fat Fries. Nice, crisp fries with a very mushy center. It's quite zippy, too. Liked the garlic and the generous sprinkling of parmesan on it.

2013-09-07-4914
the bacon cheeseburger

2013-09-07-4917
juicy, beefy goodness

I know it's already quite an overkill with the fries with the arrival of the Bacon Cheeseburger. But hey! Bring on the starch! *wink*. The burger was big enough to be cupped with my two hands, I discerned. So, I ditched my utensils and proceeded to eat this burger with my bare hands. A very juicy burger, this one. It's beefy goodness that's properly seasoned, cooked medium well just the way I liked it and melded so well with the cheese. It's one blissful bite and chew. One after another. Rings of onions, lettuces and tomatoes were place on a separate receptacle which I gingerly picked up with my fork and ate in between large bites of the burger. How I wish this delicious trance could last longer but as every good thing, it must come to an end. Before long, I was down on my last bite. *sigh*

2013-09-07-4919
rhubarb creme brulee

2013-09-07-4920
served with Illy coffee

I'm quite satisfied with the dessert as well. The Rhubarb Creme Brulee w/ Cardamom was sufficiently custardy and sweet. The Cafe Mocha by Illy packs quite a punch that sent my senses to full alert as I grab another spoonful of the creme brulee. Oh, how I wish life could always be this sweet! =)

2


Ground Floor, The Globe Tower
32nd St corner 7th Ave
Bonifacio Global City
Taguig

No comments:

Post a Comment