Tuesday, June 10, 2014

If Only Road Is Always Made Of Silk

food at Silk Road

It's really a shame of me not to indulge in Asian cuisine much often. Primarily because European and Western food is what I always gravitate whenever scanning new (at least for me) restaurants to eat and dine. But that could possibly change with Silk Road, which maybe the sleekest and most beautiful restaurant I've been to recently.

sleek interior

bar area

I would admit it was a little intimidating stepping inside Silk Road. I was clad in a rather too casual attire of faded jeans which were frayed in most places and an old tee. Clearly my clothing is in stark contrast to the elegance that surrounds me. But the restaurant manager, equally garbed sleekly with his coat and tie, approached me and welcomed me warmly.

Thai iced tea

Thai ravioli

dipping sauces and spices

As I peruse the menu, I carefully chose which one I would order. I don't want to be too adventurous this time since I'm not really well versed with Thai cuisine just yet. The Thai Milk Tea is indeed rich and creamy and not that too sweet. And the Thai Ravioli appetizer just killed me. Indeed, all the raves it's been getting are not only mere hype. This ravioli could truly make your knees weak with its sheer goodness. The provided dipping sauces and spices I used to further rev up the deliciousness of the dish.

pad thai

Siamese pork ribs

And of course, how could you eat at Silk Road (or at any Thai restaurant for that matter) without ordering Pad Thai? I wasn't even sure how to start eating it. How could you ruin a dish presented with such beauty and care? Should I break the intricately woven egg mesh to get it's cargo of noodles, shrimps and bean sprouts? I gingerly tore the egg mesh but eventually ravenous eating took over and I'm heaping spoonfuls after spoonfuls of the rice noodles in no time.

I also tried the Siamese Pork Ribs to serve as my main entree. Although presented outstandingly where the ribs were positioned atop a personal charcoal grill; and the ribs itself was nicely seasoned, they're a little tough and presented quite a chewing challenge. 

silk nest

But I ended my meal quite nicely with an eye-catching dessert called Silk Nest. Slivers of taro and sweet potatoes formed exquisitely to mimic a nest while a scoop of coconut ice cream serves as the egg. It's one enthralling dessert that will be remembered after the last morsel was consumed.

bar area; close-up

Thompson mai tai

But I didn't just end with dessert. I sauntered over to the bar area and asked for a Thai cocktail drink. My server highly recommended the Thompson Mai Tai. A seemingly harmless drink, sweetly concocted cocktail with a light fizz but the alcohol kick slowly creeps in and I was already feeling quite woozy halfway through the drink.

Net Quad Corporate Center
Shop H
4th Avenue cor 31st Street
Bonifacio Global City


No comments:

Post a Comment