Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A Quick Food Tour At Paseo de Magallanes

Katipunan craft beer at The Bottle Shop

Very rarely I am in this part of Makati so whenever I'm in the area of Paseo de Magallanes, I try as much as I can to enjoy it in full blast. Food wise, that is.

One Of The Best Pizza In Town


inside Cafe Breton in Paseo de Magallanes


I first heard about the pizzas being offered at Cafe Breton here in Paseo de Magallanes Commercial Complex from Jin Perez of Jin Loves To Eat but what really got my interest was her added remark that this is the only Cafe Breton branch that serves pizzas, at least for now. 

You could just imagine my elation as I set foot here. I almost inhaled the quaint surrounding before me. I was even smiling from ear to ear when the menu was handed to me. I leafed through it and wrinkled my nose when I could find the pizzas in question. I browsed through it again, maybe I just missed it on one of the sections of the menu. Tough luck! Bewildered, I immediately seek the girl who gave me the menu and asked her almost pleadingly if they do have pizzas on offer. The girl smiled knowingly and motioned to the wall as if on cue. And there I saw on the blackboard menu like a miraculous apparition the pizzas that I sought for to order. I let out a deep breath.

margherita pizza

sprinkled with some hot sauce and finely ground pepper

And what a sight to behold when the Margherita Pizza arrived, beautiful in it's simplicity and looking very rustic with the blistered edges. I knew right away that this pizza will definitely be magnificent. And it turned out to be one of the best margherita pizza I've tried. Deliciously light crust, teeming with cheese and the burst of flavor with the help of the basil leaves. I just couldn't get enough of it.


cafe mocha

I deliberated if I would also order some dessert crepes as I took a sip of my Cafe Mocha. But a more appealing idea came to me, like a sudden flicking of a light bulb switch. I asked for my left over pizza slices to be packed, drank the remaining contents of my drink and immediately made my way to its next door neighbor.




















G/F Maga Centre
7 Santiago St.
Paseo de Magallanes, Makati City

***************************

A Dessert Haven


desserts at Park Avenue Desserts


The next door neighbor that I was referring to is Park Avenue Desserts (PAD). I've been here before and was really quite impressed with their desserts so I didn't mind swinging by here the second time around. 

inside PAD

dulce de leche cheesecake

tres leches

The patisserie is still as remarkably cute as I remember it the first time. I could even imagine Barbie and Ken having an afternoon tea time here. I quickly look at the display case of sweets and a bewitching spell fell upon me. If I could only have each and every desserts that staring right up at me at that moment but of course, reality sets in quickly. I almost gave in to the chocolate temptation of the Roca but the desire to try out something new prevailed.

As recommended by the girl at the counter, I tried the Dulce de Leche Cheesecake and the Tres Leches. Both desserts highly pleased my sugary sweet craving.  

macarons

Of course, I wouldn't leave PAD without trying their French macarons. Rightly crisp yet chewy inside.










#7 G/F Maga Center
Paseo de Magallanes
Makati City

***************************

Knocking Down A Few Alcohol


inside The Bottle Shop


Not really a beer drinker but cocktails with fascinating names entice me. So to cap of the night, I head on to The Bottle Shop by Global Beer Exchange

royale mojave

I may have come here way too early for happy hour. Because aside from a few burly men positioned outside the watering hole, I was The Bottle Shop sole customer and feeling a little fidgety at that in perusing their drinks and cocktail menu. I was offered the menu of Kublai's which according to the server they have partnership with for the bar chow but I was more interested with what the drinks menu has in store for me.

I tried the Royale Mojave, a vodka based cocktail infused with rose syrup and topped with sparkling wine. Initially, I thought it's going to be just a harmless drink but this cocktail's alcohol kick suddenly hit me unexpectedly.

Katipunan Craft Ale Beer
As I've mentioned, I'm not really fond of beers but how could I pass up not trying Katipunan Craft Beer. I've been reading about it for quite sometime all over the Net so might as well give it a shot. I tried to steady myself as I took my first sip, knowing full well that I'm going to be assailed by a horsepower kick of spirit. And there's no better way for me to describe the taste of Katipunan beer than to direct you to that image of a beer commercial where the guy was hurled backwards after a swig of the beer he's holding. It's that strong. 

Overall, I liked this little trip that I did to Paseo de Magallanes, especially this visit to The Bottle Shop, surprisingly. I even had a little nice chat with this pleasantly handsome guy where I learned a thing or two about craft beers. Needless to say, I went home that night blushing a little he-he! :)
























Tritan Ventures
Paseo de Magallanes Center
Makati City


No comments:

Post a Comment