Thursday, March 26, 2015

Exploring The Province Of Rizal

burger and milkshake at Frank & Charles

The province of Rizal is probably the least of my priority to set about for a food trip. My unreliable sense of location and unsure of how to commute my way are some of the reasons that impede me from exploring a place. And Rizal is such a big region that I would retreat and dawdle even before I really begin. Scared if I get lost or be hit by a large truck for being so preoccupied and inattentive of the road or be in contact with hostile scavengers. The thoughts that sprang from my head, I tell you. But when I saw a picture of a burger joint posted by a friend on Facebook which I will further discuss as you come along, it's enough for me to throw caution to the wind and prompted me to do my heavy research online and even texting some friends for direction guide on how to get to these parts of Rizal.

Frank & Charles

cool design interiors

an equally cool counter

Frank & Charles is a very hip-looking burger house location in a secluded subdivision in Taytay. I've seen newsfeed about Frank & Charles on Facebook but I barely paid any attention to it. Mainly because I'm not to privy of the location. But as I've mentioned earlier, when a friend of mine (It might have been Mary Kay, if I'm not mistaken) posted a very inviting picture of a burger combo from this burger joint, I decided right then and there, while drooling from the image on my computer screen, that it's high time for me to pay Frank & Charles a visit.

Chocolate Rocket Milkshake

Cheesy
Mushroom Melt

I should have chosen a bolder flavor for my first burger at Frank & Charles, the Spicy Volcano Rush is more of my league but I opted for the Cheesy Mushroom Melt. Practically oozing with cheese sauce, this burger is indeed a delight to eat. I also liked the crinkle cut fries served alongside the burger.

To wash down the burger, I opted for a cold drink in the form of the Chocolate Rocket. It supposed to be a chocolate milkshake but it wasn't as thick as I would want it to be but nevertheless glad of the cold reprieve it gave me since it was really hot that day.

Salisbury Steak

Banana Fritters

As if the burger and fries aren't enough for me, I also tried the Salisbury Steak. The large burger patty is pleasantly lubricated with gravy, it's really a winning meal with a sunny-side up egg and a mound of hot white rice.

Any good meal should end sweetly, so the Banana Fritters w/ lashes of chocolate syrup and topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream pleases me aplenty.




















Tanchoco Avenue
Taytay, Rizal

584-9509

******************
AngNewNo Arts.Design.Cafe


what I ordered at AngNewNo Cafe


AngNewNo Cafe is also one of those precious hidden spot within the intricate confines of Rizal that I've always wanted to visit but doesn't have the courage to be lost in search for it. Just staring where it actually sit via Google Maps already create trepidation just thinking how the hell am I able to go there. I know a couple of friends who went there since they're practically within the vicinity of the cafe or have been frequenting the cafe for quite sometime. This visit wouldn't transpired if it hadn't been to the detailed direction guide given to me by my friend Kat, a very talented writer and photographer whom I had the pleasure to do food trip with last year in Maginhawa Street. 

inside AngNewNo

Chocolate Cream Frappe

tinapa pizza and baked macaroni

As I board a tricycle at their post near an Iglesia Ni Cristo church, I asked the driver to drop me in front of Balaw-Balaw Restaurant which is a few meters away from AngNewNo Cafe, afraid that if I mentioned the latter, they would be clueless where to take me. Anyway, I wouldn't mind taking that extra walk. It might help shedding off some of the pounds. I hope.

Upon entering AngNewNo, it struck me with an underground, eclectic vibe. And the alternative music that play ceaselessly further enhance the artsy ambience of the place. 

I ordered rather conservatively here in AngNewNo. I don't want to go overboard unless I want to really stretch the my capacity to intake food. Lest you don't remember, I just had a mighty meal at Frank & Charles earlier. As recommended to me by Kat, I tried the Tinapa Pizza, a rustic looking pizza with tons of cheddar and kesong puti. The smoky-saltiness of tinapa blended well with the cheeses without the complicated (and sometimes confusing mix of herbs). Same goes with the Baked Macaroni. None of the fuss. Just straight up good food. I enjoyed the food I partake in between sips of the Chocolate Cream Frappe, a salve from the excessive heat outside.

mango pudding and graham layer

Sweet ending is always a treat. The Mango Pudding is more like a jelly masquerading as a pudding. But with slices of the fruit laying atop it, it's all good. A quaintly named dessert, Graham Layer, hit the spot of my sugar loving palate.

As twilight sets in, I watched as other customers ambled in and out of the cafe. A light rain started to pour. But I'm not worried if I would ever have difficulty finding my way back home because I know I can. I just revel the fact that I finally conquered my fears and ecstatic with the realization that if I set my mind really hard on something, especially when it comes to going to places I've never been to before, difficult as it may seem at first, I would eventually arrive to where I'm headed.

AngNewNo Arts.Design.Cafe

6 Manila East Road
Brgy. San Roque
Angono, Rizal



No comments:

Post a Comment