Sunday, October 30, 2011

Trick Or Treat At The New Banapple One

Banapple's cakes and coffee

Banapple recently did some make-over on their original store in Katipunan. Also branded as Banapple One (the original store is located in 225 Katipunan since there is another Banapple store in the area, which is near Blue Ridge, also known as Banapple Two), I'm quite curious on what the newly renovated store has to offer, ambiance-wise. So, right after my hefty meal in Tia Maria's Cantina, I decided to walk my way to Banapple One.


Raggedy Ann witch doll


Cakes on display
busy counter

The bakery cafe was already themed for the Halloween (I went here approximately two weeks ago). As I entered the cafe, I was greeted with this very cute Raggedy Ann witch doll (see photo) propped on the glass display for everyone to see. The next thing I noticed was the overhead lamp lights fully decorated with cobwebs and the de riguer for horror paraphernalia.

The sweet treats I ordered here were:

Potion Pie (P110.00)

potion pie

Gobblin's Goblin's Pie (P110.00)

Gobblin' goblin's pie

I was delighted when I see two new cakes specially crafted for the Halloween season. And these are the Potion Pie and the Gobblin' Goblin's Pie. The Gobblin' Goblin's Pie has chunks of Maltesers and Snickers within the chocolate cream filling. However, I prefer the Potion Pie. My fork can cut through the cake without any resistance, and it has a very smooth chocolate cream with lashes of caramel. Personally, I love caramel and chocolate together so this cake ruled over the other.

Cappuccino (P85.00)

cappuccino

The cappuccino was not impressionable. I could have ordered their choco smoothie however that drink would be too sweet to partner with the two cakes.


I planned to order another Halloween cake they're offering which is the Jeepers Creepers cake however I'm already full at that time and a third cake would be too much for me to consume.

Bannaple 1

If your looking for place to bring your kids for a fun "Trick Or Treat" activities, head to any of the Banapple branches in the metro. In their Facebook page, they're encouraging their customers to come in their costumes and they also have face painting activity lined up.


225 Katipunan Ave., Quezon City

(02)439-2675

No comments:

Post a Comment