Monday, October 10, 2011

Lusso Is Synonymous To Love

Demi-Pound Foie Gras Burger2


Makati has become my "unofficial" playground when it comes to food trip explorations over the past months. It seems every month I see new food finds sprouting out of nowhere in this gargantuan business district. However, I just discovered today, Makati was not as exciting in weekends compared to the very hectic weekdays teeming with yuppies and working professionals.

When I went there earlier today, it seems the whole district was like a ghost town. Most of the business establishments and food places are shuttered closed, with interiors dark, foreboding with that 'CLOSED' sign by the door that I found quite irksome. Since I traveled all the way from Pasig, just to see the two food places that I was suppose to visit on this trip closed was like receiving a hard slap on the cheek. The heavy downpour that ensued earlier only dampen my mood further more.

Ayala Avenue


So, my safest bet would be the food places inside the malls. I was supposed to try M Cafe however the place was too crowded, surprisingly since its already around 2pm when I checked out the place. Feeling a little recluse today, with soggy wet jeans and all, I decided to finally try Margarita 'Gaita' Fores' brainchild, Lusso, which is 'luxe' in English translation. Gaita is also the same persona behind the highly successful Cibo, Cafe Bola (her resto in Araneta Center that has more mass appeal) and the now closed Pepato Cibo Di M. The menu boasts of a mishmash of cuisines from her travel all over the world incorporated in the quaint, chic food place in this part of Greenbelt 5


Lusso


I like the straightforward feel of this resto. The place was very compact inside. There's an option to dine al fresco, if one opted to smoke while eating, or if the there's not enough space inside due to limited seats. While waiting for my order, I did enjoy looking around. The resto's overall ambiance invokes classic elegance and beauty however, it doesn't overwhelm or intimidate.

Lusso interiors

captivating chandelier


I did fell in love with the exquisitely detailed chandelier hanging overhead. The place exudes Old World beauty romanticized further by the subdued lights with ashen and peach as the dominant palates. 

My love affair with this quaint place was also translated to the food served before me. Here are my orders...

Lemonade


lemonade

I didn't anticipate that the lemonade (right glass) would be a tad too sour to my liking. Maybe because I'm so much used to those powdered (Hello, Kool-Aid & Eight O'Clock!) and doy pack juices that an authentic lemonade would need a bit of an effort of getting used to on my part.

Gnocco Prosciutto San Danielle


gnocco prosciutto san danielle

I started the meal with this delectable appetizer. Taco chip strips topped with prosciutto (parma ham) and edam cheese with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar essence. I could compare it to a short interplay of a brewing love affair. It titillates, but its fleeting. I finished this off in one sweep.

Demi-Pound Lusso Foie Gras Burger


demi-pound foie gras burger

The star of my meal. And to think I also had a good-sized burger yesterday at Butter Diner. But who would pass up this juicy, scrumptious US beef patty. And hiding on that thick beef patty (I asked my server to cook the beef medium well), the silky-smooth, almost buttery in its texture, slivers of that sinfully delectable foie gras. I think I went to heaven and back after I took that first bite.

Not to miss with this meal was the included large-wedged French fries with the Gambazola cheese bath (aside from the dipping the fries into this melted cheese, I also pour some on every bite-sized piece I tore from the burger sandwich). And the arugula salad siding served a nice balance with a tangy-sweet vinaigrette dressing. 

Pot-De-Crémé Chocolat

Pot-De-Crémé Chocolat

I almost, always never end my meal without having any dessert. And the pot-de-crémé chocolat was a much deserve finale to this wonderful dining experience. I was mystified, to say the least, with the creamy goodness of this chocolat that I mouthed "OMG!" under my breath a couple of times. 

wine bar



It goes without saying that this would be one of my most memorable dining experience. For one, this was the first time I've tried foie gras on a dish. And it was quite a remarkable experience. The service was very laudable as well. As I left the place, (I know you might think this sounds so melodramatic) it felt like I'm saying farewell to a kindred soul. A virtuous lover that delivered its promise, but only on a short notice. 

As for me, Lusso will now be a word synonymous to love. ;)


  
Lusso Gastro Bar, Greenbelt 5

G/F Greenbelt 5, Legaspi St., Legaspi Village
Makati City, Metro Manila
Philippines

(02) 756-5893

No comments:

Post a Comment