Sunday, January 8, 2012

Cafeccino By Dome: A Second Visit

Cafeccino's cakes

NOTE: This is more like a continuation of my previous post titled Good Times Really Roll In Johnny Rockets.

Right after the great meal we had at Johnny Rockets, we decided to stroll around for a while  and check out the tiangge in the area for some bargain finds. (At this point, we parted ways with Kuya Regi and Mommy Tonie since they still have work to attend to) We also goofed around in the walkway right beside the Eastwood Mall surrounded by shrubbery plants. And how could we forget posing right beside the huge and brilliantly sparkling Eastwood's Christmas tree.


Christmas tree


posing with the tree (1)


posing with the tree (2)


Right after taking our candid shots, we decided to settle a bit in a coffee place. The question is: Which one? Fortunately, I was able to persuade my pals to avoid, even for this night the usual hang out place for coffee (e.g. Starbucks and CBTL) just for this special night. I'm quite happy that they're quite open to try out something new that night. 


cafeccino table setting


interior


frames on the ceiling


I initially wanted for them to try Ueshima Coffee Company or UCC, the Park Cafe in Eastwood Mall. However, the cafe was about to close when we arrived (It was already past 11PM at that time). So, I decided to lead them to another cafe near the area. The cafe which had me at first hello with their Classic Chocolate Cake, Cafeccino By Dome. I crossed my fingers that the cafe is still open as we walked right pass the Office Supplies Store. And it still is.


The interior of the cafe was quite captivating. The place was littered with unique decors. Even the lights and chandeliers are masterpieces on its own. 


chocolate cake


aaron w/ the cake
I was over enthusiastic to recommend the classic chocolate cake to my friends. But who wouldn't be? A glossy chocolate cake it is, with a whimsically textured ganache over an equally moist cake with caramel syrup on top. I'm so glad they obliged to my reco. All of them echoed my insane love for this sweet.

two cake slices (photo courtesy of mommy jolee)


blueberry cheesecake


I decided however to go on a different route this time and ordered another classic, a Blueberry Cheesecake. This one possesses a equally enthralling smoothness and texture. Much sweeter than most blueberry cheesecake I've tried. If I remember it right, its either Franchette or Julie professed they liked this more than the classic chocolate cake.


cappuccino (photo courtesy of mommy jolee)


cafe latte


aaron w/ his cafe latte


dome twister


Some of my friends ordered hot beverages, while I and Mommy Jolee settled for the cold comfort of dessert drinks. One thing that I find bothersome throughout our stay here was how hot the place was (which was not the case on my first visit here), that Mommy Jolee couldn't help but utter "Ang init!" even before we settle to our seats. We have to asked for one of the servers to place an electric fan pointed directly to our table. Hope this is only a case of an air-conditioning unit gone busted that night.


Anyhow, Lei decided to have the Cappuccino. A searing hot cup with a frothy top of steamed milk. Aaron ordered a Cafe Latte, a comforting cup of espresso and milk. Mommy Jolee had the Dome Twister, the same drink I had when I dined at Dome Cafe. This is a chocolate smoothie that has that espresso bite.


choc-a-block


choc-a-block (up close)


I love all the smoothies I tried here both in Cafeccino and Dome Cafe. Although, I must say, the Choc-A-Block tops them all. Its a Hershey's blended drink. It has fresh milk, coffee essence, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream topped with Hershey's Milk Chocolate. Yes, its rich and oh-so-delish!


group pic 1


group pic 2 (photo courtesy of mommy jolee)


That caps off our wonderful night out. Thanks again Leila (w/ her friend), Julie, Mommy Jolee, Aaron, Lei & Franchette for the awesome moment I had with you that night at Cafeccino. Although, we had to kaput quickly right after we finished our drinks and desserts since the cafe closes at past 1AM. But it was indeed a blast! =)


cafeccino by dome (ready to close for the night)


Thanks to you, too, Cafeccino! Hope to try your creme brulee next time, ayt? =)






1880 Bldg., E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave.
Eastwood Cyberpark, Libis


(02) 470-3950

No comments:

Post a Comment