Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Roast Beef At Dayrit's

food at Dayrit's

I actually went to Tomas Morato a few weeks ago in hopes to try the famed Virginity cake in Sucree Patisserie & Cafe. I already scoured the entire street of Scout Borromeo but Sucree was nowhere to be found. Can somebody tell me if they already closed shop here in Quezon City? Travelling to their other branch in Robinsons Place Manila was totally out of the question. Sullen and sulky, I almost went home immediately but since I'm already here and have a monstrous appetite to satiate, might as well look for another option to get fed.
entrance to Dayrit's
resto's main entrance
dining area

another view of the dining area
A friend of mine mentioned that she enjoyed a wonderful meal once at Alba that specializes in Spanish cuisines. However the restaurant's facade exude somewhat a haughty, snobbish air to it. Unlike Dayrit's Burger & Roast Beef House's friendlier ambiance of brightly lit dining area that reminds me so much of a large canteen. So off I went to Dayrit's to try out their all-time bestseller, roast beef.
guyabano juice
pasta americana
roast beef plate

It's my first time to eat on this landmark restaurant and quickly asked for the Roast Beef Plate (P300.00) once the menu was handed down to me. Really soft and tender meat that chewing it didn't require any extra effort. It also comes with baked potato topped with some cheese sauce and bacon bits. There's some sauteed vegetables on the side, too. I just hope the ramekin that holds the mushroom gravy were much bigger. I found the scant quantity of the gravy were no match to the big serving of the roast beef slices. I do adore gravy just like everyone else. And I felt too shy that day to ask for a refill.
The Pasta Americana (P140.00) was very much like the Carbonara that my Tita usually cook at home. I also appreciate that they put a lot grated cheddar cheese on top.
The Guyabano Juice (P50.00) that I ordered has that slight tang to it. It seems too heavy a drink to partner with my ordered food but I really liked it.
apple pie ala mode
I like ending my meal with a sweet note and the Apple Pie a la Mode (P120.00) did just that. Best eaten when the vanilla ice cream has started to melt. Hot and cold; tangy and sweet. Just my kind of dessert.
Dayrit's ;Tomas Morato
I was hoping to jump to Fleur De Lys for some more sweets right after I dine at Dayrit's. However, my tummy already raised the white flag. I'm too full to even get off my seat. Here's hoping to try Dayrit's ever famous burgers the next time I visit. Ciao for now! :)
JSB Building
Tomas Morato cor Sct. Delgado
Laging Handa, Quezon City

376-9684


No comments:

Post a Comment