Friday, October 19, 2012

These Cupcakes Do Make Me Blush

sweet treats at Blushing Cupcakes Cafe

Working in Eastwood has a lot of perks, especially when it comes to food choices. A week wouldn't go by without me hanging out to any coffee shop that I fancy or going to a convenient store for a just quick snack before going home. It could be as straightforward as a Peanut Butter Cupcake and a cup of White Mocha Coffee at Gigi while people watching through their glass paned wall or a simple as having a Magnum Choco-Cappuccino at a Mini Stop store to cool down a bit. But learning about the existence of another dessert shop near my office really got me so excited. It means there's now more choices for me to choose from.


inside Blushing Cupcakes

cupcakes on display

dining area and kitchen area through the window

frosting some cupcakes

I learned about Blushing Cupcakes Cafe when I happen to pass by Club 650 after having a hefty burger meal at Crave Burger in Shopwise, Libis. I also remembered my friend Dyce mentioned about this dessert shop on her Facebook status. I made a mental note then to try out this one out the following day.

Blushing Cupcakes' dining area is quite small and I could imagine it can easily fill up on a normal busy day. Luckily, the place was never packed on the two occasions that I went here. I do find it amusing though that the staff utilizes some of the unoccupied tables to finish frosting their cupcakes before placing it on their display case. On my first visit, there was rows after rows of cupcakes on a tray placed right next to my couch where I'm seated, ready for frosting and be prettified. Not complaining on that part. The aroma coming out from those freshly baked cupcakes just enticed my appetite even more. On one side, a large glassed in window would let you take a peek on how on how they create the cupcakes from scratch.

Dr Pepper & my two cupcake orders

Cappuccino

Choosing which cupcakes to order proved to be a challenge. There's so much to choose from. If only I could have them all but that's just not possible. So, I ordered two cupcakes: The Vanilla Sundae and White Frosted Vanilla. With these two cupcakes they've used marshmallow frosting. It can be too sweet to some but the nice thing was the cupcake itself was not that sweet so that balances out the flavor. I just cannot choose which one is my favorite because I just love them both. Both cupcakes were quite good and too pretty to eat, too. I also asked for a cup of Cappuccino to go along with my sweet treats.

I wasn't planning to buy any soda but I just couldn't help but buy a can of Dr Pepper. I know this soda is a rarity here in Manila so I got really excited that I could finally try it here at Blushing Cupcakes. It has that familiar fizz and flavor of any regular root beer but who cares? This is Dr Pepper, people! ;)

more cupcakes to try

Just earlier today, I brought a colleague of mine, Tin, here at Blushing Cupcakes. She's actually craving for either a pizza-pasta combo at Bigoli or the fluffiest glazed doughnuts at Krispy Kreme. But I was more inclined to go for a second visit to this cupcake shop so I coaxed her to give it a try.


chocolate glaze

red velvet surprise cheesecake

Our cupcakes finally arrived as I was ordering another beverage at the last minute over the counter. I forgot to inform Tin if she can hold off eating until I went back to our table so I could take a picture of our food. Good thing, I was able to snap some shot before the cupcake was totally demolished. Thus, the marred appearance of the Chocolate Glaze cupcake which was Tin's order. The Chocolate Glaze was moist enough with a wonderful stick-to-your-teeth chocolate glaze. I also like my order of the Red Velvet Surprise Cheesecake. I quite like the smooth frosting on this cupcake. I just find the very base of this cupcake a bit hard and too crumbly.

bacon & egg sandwich

chocolate milkshake

hazelnut latte

Coca-Cola cherry flavor

My companion was craving for something savory to eat, too. So she had the Bacon & Egg Sandwich. Was able to taste some and I like how the sandwich was prepared. The egg was fluffy and moist. The bacon was not cooked to death so it's not tough. I really liked it. That gave me a note to try other savory offerings here the next time I visit. She also had the Chocolate Milkshake which very much resembled a regular frapp drink.

I was already satisfied with one cupcake so I just had two beverages to go along with it. A cup of Hazelnut Latte. A searing hot cup of creamy coffee but it could use a little more sweetener. And the Coca-Cola Cherry Flavor. A fizzy soda with a fruity note at the end.

Blushing Cupcakes Cafe; Libis


Blushing can be attributed to a lot of things. Most notably when you see your crush passing by and if you're lucky your crush might look your way and you would instantly feel the hot flush on both your cheeks. But in this case, the sweet treats of Blushing Cupcakes Cafe are the ones that making me blush these days. Would really try more of their cupcakes and let myself blush even more. ;)


Club 650 Libis (Beside Shopwise)

986-0704
664-0538

No comments:

Post a Comment