Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Cafe Of The Highest Order

coffee and cake at Cafe 1771

I adore cafes more than anything else. Nothing beats the experience of sipping a good cup of coffee while forking your way through a wonderful slice of a decadent chocolate cake. A good, savory dish is a plus but my preference would always be searing hot cup of coffee and a dainty slice of cake.

inside Cafe 1771

laminated menu

Such was the case on this visit to Cafe 1771, a high-end cafe which is part of the Chateau 1771's group of restaurants. A cafe that I've been wanting to visit for quite sometime now that finally became a reality just recently. I was quite taken by the powder blue and pink accents of the surrounding the moment I came in and settled to my seat. Just my kind of place. 

2012-11-13-3128
strawberry banana smoothie

2012-11-13-3138
whimsy burger

Burger is always my default order whenever I spied one on the menu, a habit I'm trying to avert nowadays but my restraint was particularly low on this visit to Cafe 1771 so I gave in to have their Whimsy Burger. A very thick Angus beef patty with melting Gruyere cheese, caramelized onions, roasted tomatoes and lettuce. I asked for it to be cooked medium well which resulted to a somewhat juicy texture of the meat however I felt that the burger itself was not seasoned very well and tasted rather on the bland side. The fries was exceptional though.

I was so taken by the presentation of my Strawberry Banana Shake that it took me a few minutes just staring at it before trying it out. I find the stirrer quite charming in particular which resembles the ace of spade. The fruit smoothie was sufficiently thick just what I expected.

2012-11-13-3136
cafe latte

2012-11-13-3133
coffee pie

The main attractions on this visit to Cafe 1771 was inevitably the coffee and cake slice that I had. I was delighted to see my order of Cafe Latte was served in a traditional way, which was on a transparent tall cup. I quite like the two tone colors of white and brown seen through the cup. Add some muscovado sugar then stir and it transform into one comforting cup that made me relax instantly and forget about the stress brought about by my work earlier in the day.

The Coffee Pie was equally satisfying. A very luscious, creamy cake slice with a delectable toffee sauce drizzled all over it. I just hope that the cake slice was twice as big. It left me wanting for more after finishing it.

2012-11-13-3143
Cafe 1771; El Pueblo

In case I'll be back at Cafe 1771, I wouldn't miss having another slice of the coffee pie. Or might as well order two slices of the said cake this time. Hehehe! ;)

1

El Pueblo
Julia Vargas cor ADB Avenue
Ortigas Center, Pasig City

631-7340

No comments:

Post a Comment