Sunday, December 23, 2012

Buffalo Wings & Some Other Things


2012-11-22-3229
my orders at Buffalo Wings N' Things

I love spicy food and if I'm craving for one, I usually go to a Mexican restaurant (or some might call a Tex-Mex resto). A few months ago when I saw a sign at the basement level of SM Megamall that a Buffalo Wings N' Things restaurant is currently being constructed right next to SumoSam, I made a mental note to keep tabs of when the resto would open. True enough, the next time I passed by the resto is already fully operational. I went right in without missing a beat and quickly perused the menu.


2012-11-22-3235
interior

2012-11-22-3236
interior (1)

Buffalo Wings N' Things has a very straightforward and laid back atmosphere to it with adequate lighting to better appreciate the food that you're eating. However, the place has that tendency to get cramp especially if there's a lot of diners in attendance. Good thing, there's ample seating space when I came here so I could while away my time, check the news feed on Facebook through my phone and people watch as I eat at my own pace.

2012-11-22-3228
chili n' cheese nachos

2012-11-22-3232
Bleu Cheese mini burgers

I so much enjoyed all of my orders here. The Chili N' Cheese Nachos was my wonderful zingy appetizer. It provided a wonderful balance of spiciness from the ground meat that tumbled about tempered down my the abundance of cheese sauce spread all over it. The trio of Bleu Cheese Burger was equally satisfying as well, although my friend Karen Anne who later joined me to my table averts from anything that has Bleu cheese in it. She only allotted herself a few bites of the burger and that's it.

2012-11-22-3230
half pound buffalo wings & fries

2012-11-22-3234
NY Cheesecake ice cream

Undoubtedly, the main attraction here were the Buffalo Wings. I ordered half pound of them wings with some fries added in. When asked about the level of spiciness that I prefer for the sauce, I went for the New York Finest---not wanting to go overboard and ending up with a scalded tongue and bruised lips because of the heat. But if one is brave enough to endure the intense heat, they have options for Nuclear and Apocalypse for the level of spiciness. I've just learned they've already introduced Gangnam Style, Total Wingsanity and Ultimate Wingsanity for the level of spiciness to keep up with the times. The sauce of that they've used on the wings was wonderfully palatable and the spiciness level was just right for me. Even Karen Anne, who usually go for non-spicy food, finished off her wings even if she muttered "Ang anghang naman nito!" (This one is very spicy) very constantly it already seems like a chant in between gulps of her iced tea.

For a sweet respite, I had the New York Cheesecake Ice Cream. An ice cream dessert with a graham cracker crusted layer topped with whipped cream and served with some blueberry dressing. Absolutely delish! Glad that Karen Anne didn't want any of it because it would be hard enough for me to share this wonderful cool, sweet treat.

2012-11-22-3237

No doubt, I'm going to pass by Buffalo Wings N' Things the next time I'm back in SM Megamall. Possibly would level up the spiciness when I order again their wings.

1

Basement Level (right beside SumoSam)
SM Megamall, Building A
Wack Wack Road, Mandaluyong


No comments:

Post a Comment