Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Bakery Cafe I Would Keep Coming Back To

2013-02-13-3903
table setting

Mom & Tina's Bakery Cafe will always be my favorite spot whenever I want to be assured that I would get delicious home cooked style meals. My first visit here made so much of an impression that I decided to held my birthday here a few years back following that visit. So last Valentines Eve, when my friend Gael asked if we could hang out since we haven't seen each other for ages, Mom & Tina's was the easiest choice.


2013-02-13-3904
blue lemonade


2013-02-13-3910
chicken & spinach lasagna

2013-02-13-3913
baked chicken macaroni

The place was packed when we got here even at an off hour (at 3PM), nevertheless we didn't wait that long. As my friend imbibe the country-style surroundings of the bakery cafe, she invariably compared it to another well-known cafe in Katipunan. But to me, Mom & Tina's is very different in terms of the very rustic vibe it impose and it's predominant blue color that even translates to the Blue Lemonade we're drinking.

Neither of us felt the need to eat rice and opted to order pastas instead. Gael had the Chicken & Spinach Lasagna while I had the Baked Chicken Macaroni. Both served on large ramekin prettified with a garnish of parsley and cucumber formed to shape like a butterfly, both pasta dishes has that delightful cream sauce that doused the pasta with enough cheese to make both of us happy campers. We also adore the cute, spiral breads that came along with the pastas.


2013-02-13-3908
coffee & desserts

2013-02-13-3905
white toblerone walnut torte & mocha buttercream fudge cupcake

Of course, a meal without desserts is not really a meal for me. So, in spite of already feeling full with the pasta dishes that we already consumed, I still have room space for the two desserts we ordered: The White Toblerone Walnut Torte and the Mocha Buttercream Fudge Cupcake. The torte has chunks of white Toblerone chocolate hidden underneath a bed of cream while the cupcake was moist and fudgy with a equally fudgy mocha frosting with a heart shaped sugared  cookie perked on top of the icing.


2013-02-13-3915
hot biscuits

However, for this visit the one that stand out for me were the Hot Biscuits. It has a flaky crust but cushiony soft inside. I sparingly smeared it with the provided jam and butter then chased it down with the Butterscotch Cafe Latte that I ordered and all stress brought about by the eight hour shift at the office was all forgotten.

2013-02-13-3909
Gael

Thanks again to Gael for the good chat while sharing delicious home cook style with me. Let's do this again sometime soon. =)

1

106 E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave.
Ugong, Pasig City

914-0833
momandtinas.com

No comments:

Post a Comment