Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Burger Utopia

2013-02-02-3866
food at Burger Bar

It all started with a burger order that I had at Jollibee. Their trademark Champ burger. To think I'm not all too crazy with it since I'm not into burgers on this side sweet. But something in me tick the moment I bite into it. A craving was awakened. A longing for a good sized burger, thick and juicy. Goodness amplified even more with the addition of cheese, lettuce and all the necessary trimmings. It's that kind of craving that could never be abated until I get what I want.


2013-02-01-3848
Jollibee's Champ burger

So, I went on a quest to get my ultimate burger experience. As I made my online search, I've stumbled upon this newest and hippest burger joint to hit the metro. Burger Bar is its name and it's right smack in the middle of one of the swankiest malls in Makati. I made no delay. As soon as Saturday sets in and I'm done with all my chores, I quickly wriggled into my faded jeans that slowly becoming a little too tight for me to wear, put on my tattered shoes, wore a pretty decent shirt and tried as best I could to tidy up my unkempt hair. I bolted out the door and after a few moments, I'm now inside an FX cab enroute to Makati.

2013-02-02-3855
tin can & squirt bottles

2013-02-02-3858
wall mural with customers enjoying food ordered at Burger Bar

2013-02-02-3859
the very busy counter and kitchen area

2013-02-02-3857
table setting

It came to me as no surprise that the place were "packed to the rafters", so to speak, when I arrived here. A clear sign of this burger joint's popularity among the yuppies and the young crowd. A server quickly ushered me to my seat and prepared the table for me. A thoughtful touch of tin can in stained red color offers utensils and paper tissues was deftly placed in front of me to aid me on my meal, along with condiments of ketchup and table mustard in squirt bottles and a small plate with the Burger Bar logo affixed on one side with two long handle spoons for the desserts I ordered.

2013-02-02-3862
salted caramel milkshake

Food here, especially the burgers, takes time to prepare. I'm grateful for the Salted Caramel Milkshake to keep me company while waiting for my food. Since the demise of CBD in Ayala Triangle Gardens, I haven't found a milkshake that is comparable when it comes to thickness and creaminess until I tried this variant at Burger Bar. Thickness beyond belief, it's a sweet a creamy affair with the confectioner sauce of caramel and salt lingers with each sip. 

2013-02-02-3869
the bar burger

2013-02-02-3870
coney dog

My burger order finally arrived magnificently on the table. The Bar Burger is stack up beauty of double patty Big Game Blend of hanger and brisket with two kinds of cheeses, scarmorza (a stringy Italian cheese similar to mozzarella) and gorgonzola. Completing its motley crew of stack were watercress, a spicy note of scirarcha aioli, proscuitto and onion rings on their house brioche buns. A well seasoned patty on this side peppery, it's the kind of hamburger that I'm hankering for.

The Coney Dog is not something that I expected. I was actually expected actual corn dogs on stick , but it was rather a pork and beef dog placed on a hotdog bun lathered with chili beef and chees, pickled red onions and yellow mustard. A simple dog sandwich I would just pass up if not for the addictive chili beef placed on it. Good thing there's plenty of that thick cut French that I happily munch in between sips of the milkshake and bite of my humongous burger.

2013-02-02-3864
molten chocolate bottoms

2013-02-02-3865
ice cream lazily oozed down from the jar

Also not to miss is their desserts, all placed in a jar. I was saddened when informed that the Caramel Vanilla Bread Pudding is not available. My other choice for dessert, that is the Molten Chocolate Bottoms turned out to be unforgettable. It's a molten chocolate cake topped with vanilla ice cream, swirls of caramel sauce, sprinkled with some nuts and nuggets of chocolate. It's a hot and cold dessert that left me breathless, and begging for more.

1

Greenbelt 2
Esperanza St. cor Greenbelt Drive
Ayala Center, Makati

www.facebook.com/BurgerBarPH


No comments:

Post a Comment