Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Craving For A Little Bit Of Italian Flair

2013-04-06-4185
polleto & pumpkin soup

I haven't been to Robinsons Magnolia since August of last year so one lazy Saturday afternoon I came up with the decision it's high time that I paid this mall another visit. I've been meaning to try back Magnolia Flavor House for their savory items aside from their other ice cream concoctions, but the place was menacingly crowded upon my arrival. So I decided to wonder around for a bit.

I chanced upon Pasteleria La Terrazza Cafe at the al fresco area on the 3rd floor of the mall. Intrigued by it's name; plus the fact that no one was around (save for a group stationed right outside by the door so they could have the liberty to eat and smoke at the same time) and the privacy that the resto seem to accord, I decided to slip my way through.

2013-04-06-4182
complimentary flat breads

2013-04-06-4183
fruit shake

2013-04-06-4184
pumpkin soup

Complimentary meal was in the form of triangularly shaped Italian flatbread served with some tomatoes in olive oil and basil and pâté. I wish I asked for some bread refill, they're really good. 

I wanted something refreshing to drink and the Apple Fruit Shake fits the bill perfectly. Pumpkin Soup is something I always order whenever I see it on the menu, this one in La Terraza was wonderfully creamy and thick. Just don't forget to blow every spoonful of the creamy liquid lest you wanted your tongue be scalded. 

I belatedly learned that day that La Terrazza is a branch out resto of La Nuova Pasteleria located at Forbes Park. No wonder there's similarity between their menu upon closer inspection.

2013-04-06-4186
polleto alla daviola

I wanted to avoid the usual fare of pasta and pizza on this visit so I asked for the Polleto Alla Daviola which were basically just grilled and flattened deboned chicken seasoned and marinated with herbs. However, when the dish was brought to my table I was so amazed how pretty the plating was that I stared at it for good one minute and couldn't start how I go about to eat it. The wow! factor of the plating was just in your face. I'm not really fond of lean chicken meat but this one fares well. The pasta were cooked al dente and vegetables were just perfect with a little trailing flavor of spice at the end. I was wearing a white shirt that day and I inadvertently stained it that fiery red sauce. Damn! That's why I seldom wear white tee because I always end up getting it dirty.

2013-04-06-4189
cakes & coffee

2013-04-06-4187
strawberry shortcake

2013-04-06-4188
concorde

Of course, I wouldn't scurry off without trying the desserts. It's always a must for me after a meal. The Strawberry Shortcake was  divine and exquisite with it's spongy cake texture and suffused with cream. The Concorde cake was akin to eating ice cream. I like the way it dissolves in the mouth as soon as you take a forkful of it. I was in complete reverie alternating between cakes while sipping a searing hot cappuccino. I was in total bliss with my eyes closed.

2013-04-06-4192
Pasteleria La Terraza Cafe; Robinsons Magnolia

I already have something in mind to try when I come back here in La Terrazza. I've read their appetizers of cold cuts and cheeses called Gran Misto Per Due is a winner and I'm sure gonna have my hands on it.

1





















No comments:

Post a Comment