Monday, August 20, 2012

Cupcakes...And More Cupcakes

cupcakes at Gigi Coffee & Cupcakes

I admit, I do love cakes in all shapes and sizes. Whenever I bought cakes as pasalubong, I usually ended up getting the largest portion of the cake compared to other members of my family without me realizing it. Nevertheless, I equally adore cupcakes. Miniature cupcakes of different flavors prettified even more with choices of frostings and toppings. So, one would not easily get bored because of a variety of cupcakes to choose from.

Pastry Princess:


cupcakes and coffee at Pastry Princess

Right after indulging myself with a mouthwatering burger at D'Amburger Gastropub, I still felt the need to eat something sweet before I call it a day. However, D'Amburger only offers ice cream for desserts. And I wanted more than just ice cream. Thanks to Pastry Princess which is only right around the corner.


notes tacked on the wall

cutesy interior

Pastry Princess has a very juvenile touch to it. Cartoon-ish interiors that one might expect a staff garbed in Little Lulu costume serving you up those cupcakes. I've recently read on Mrs. Martinez's blog that a sixteen year old girl started out this quaint-little cupcake shop. So, that explains it.


Choc Nut cupcake and Apple Caramel cupcake


Cafe Latte

I had two cupcakes, but in reality, I would like to have at least three or more. But with the amount of food I already had at D'Amburger, two cupcakes was all that I could take. It's interesting to note that these two cupcakes I ordered are not always on their menu. These two were not listed on the chalkboard menu placed at the back of the counter. It was not even listed on Munchpunch or on the Pastry Princess' Facebook page. 

I've almost ordered the Red Velvet, but decided to try something different. So I had the Choc Nut Cupcake which has a very delicious peanut butter frosting. I was floored when I first tried it. It's really, really good. And who doesn't like Choc Nut, anyway?

I forgot the exact name of the other cupcake but it might have been the Apple Caramel Cupcake (I'm purely relying its name based on the cupcake's appearance, but I remember it was named that way). The green apple was quite tartly, which was nice and blended so well with the overall sweetness of the cupcake and the swirled caramel on top. It even used the same peanut butter frosting on top used on the Choc Nut Cupcake which I really find quite addictive.

I also ordered a Cafe Latte to go with my cupcakes. And looked at how the foams were positioned on top! Did you see a crescent shaped moon there? Just lovely! :)


Pastry Princess; Greenhills Town Center

Definitely, if I happen to be back on this area in Greenhills and craving for yummy cupcakes, I would pay Pastry Princess a visit.



#2 Granada St.
Greenhills Town Center
Brgy. Valencia, New Manila
Quezon City

399-4986

~~~~~~~~~ 
GIGI Coffee & Cupcakes

Red Velvet

I've been meaning to try Gigi Coffee & Cupcakes ever since I saw its large 'Opening Soon' sign at the lobby of Felina Corporate Plaza in Eastwood City, eagerly awaiting for that day. It even heightened my desire to visit the place when I learned that it was owned by Gigi Gaerlan, owner of The Custaroonery, a commissary also located in Eastwood that sells the very well-known, custaroons. I said to myself, I really have to go there. My first attempt was not successful since Gigi don't operate on a Sunday, so I had to go elsewhere. But when I finally set afoot at this quaint little store on a Friday afternoon, I just couldn't contain my glee.

sea salt chocolate cupcake

chocolate chip cupcake

When I asked the guy at the counter what he can recommend, he readily offers the Red Velvet which he said is their bestseller. I gladly obliged but I wouldn't settle for just one so I ordered two more. 

The Red Velvet is indeed deserved to be their bestseller. It was a really moist cake and not sickeningly sweet either. I just love it from the frosting that formed a charming rosette on top down to its very last crumb.

The other cupcakes I tried were the Chocolate Chip Cupcake, that is literally studded with a whole lot of chocolate chips. This cupcake is pleasantly moist as well. The last one I've tried is the Sea Salt Chocolate Cupcake. This one sort of titillates the taste buds with the playful flavor of salty and sweet in the mouth. Quite sexy, I might say. He-he!

white mocha frapp

These cupcakes are meant to be savored with a hot cup of good coffee, however the sweltering heat outside prompted me to order a frapp to go with these goodies. And a wonderful frapp this is, the White Mocha Frapp. Nothing beats the sun's heat than with a good, cool and creamy frapp. Love this one! :)

Gigi Coffee & Cupcakes; Felina Corporate Plaza. Eastwood City

There's a lot of cupcakes that I would still like to try at Gigi. So, a return visit to this coffee and cupcake store is in order very, very soon.


Felina Corporate Plaza Lobby
Eastwood City, Libis
Quezon City

No comments:

Post a Comment