Friday, July 20, 2012

The Cheesiest Burger This Side Of Town

hamburger oozing with cheese @ D'Amburger

I initially wanted to try a different restaurant when I went here in Gilmore. I'm actually eyeing the Mexican restaurant named Hermanos Tacos Shop but I missed it. Only when I'm about to set off for home after I gobbled a good sized burger and forked two dainty looking cupcakes in Greenhills Town Center when I saw the said resto. It's just right beside Arny Dading's Peachy-Peachy. It seemed like an invisible hand slapped me on my cheek upon seeing it. And I asked myself, "How could I miss it in the first place?" Oh, well! At least I know where to find it the next time I come here.

I first heard about Greenhills Town Center via Lori Baltazar's blog, Dessert Comes First. Though the only food establishment that I intend to try here are the sweet treats at Pastry Princess 'cause I'm really hell bent on trying out Hermanos Tacos. But when finding that Tex-Mex restaurant proved to be futile, I started searching for an alternative resto to dine within the vicinity of GTC. There's quite a handful to choose from. I was thinking between Chololo's Grill and D'Amburger Gastropub but I settled for the latter since I couldn't really resist the magnetic pull of the juicy hamburgers from their pictured menu situated right beside the resto's entrance.

inside D'Amburger

Apparently, D'Amburger started out as a stall at Banchetto and gained quite a following especially with their best seller, the Juicy Lucy. A quarter pounder burger stuffed with cheese. Being a person who always orders hamburgers when I see it on the menu---almost to a fault, I would also add, you could just imagine my utter excitement to try this one out. A burger filled with oozing cheese inside. How one could go wrong with that?

banana shake

flamed 'shrooms & cheese

the flamed 'shrooms after the fire has died out

I'm a sucker for milkshake and the Banana Shake fits the bill for me. Thick enough to warrant vigilant sips from its quite thin straw, I only just wish that this milkshake came with a much taller glass. Or a refillable option on the menu, perhaps? *wink*

I got the surprise of my life when the Flamed 'Shrooms & Cheese was served. When the server poured the brandy and flambĂ©ed it with a torch, the flame that commenced was quite big that I actually felt a hot draft of air brushed my face. I was in so much awe that I only took a picture of the appetizer when the fire started to diminish. In spite of what seemed to be a bravura presentation, this cheese appetizer was just okay. I can't help but compare it to the saganaki I tried at Cyma which to me still remain supreme.

the Juicy Lucy BMM

crab meat mac 'n cheese

I was dumbfounded when the Juicy Lucy BMM (stands for Bacon Mushroom Melt) was served. It was sooo huge! No wonder my server asked me initially while taking down notes of my order if I have a companion with me. The burger patty was so thick and adding more to its height were layers of bacon and button mushrooms. The cheese sauce that languidly oozes on the burger added more to its mouth-watering appeal. When I sliced a piece of this burger and tasted it, I was floored by its goodness. More cheesy goodness awaits within the burger patty. There was a slight kick of spice to it as well which I assume came from the Tabasco that was mixed in with the cheese sauce. I normally don't like crispy bacon but I like the crunchiness of the bacon served with this burger. Definitely one of the best burgers I've tried! :) The burger  though does not come with fries so you would have to order it separately as a side order. 

The Crab Meat Mac 'N Cheese was the only forgetful dish I tried here in D'Amburger. It was more like a pasta with crab roe sauce and the processed cheese grated on top was like a mere afterthought. I even had to look out for tiny crab shells since I chewed on it more than once on the few forkfuls I warranted on this dish. I also find it a little too malansa (fishy) for my taste.

quite a mouthful of food for just one peep

D'Amburger Gastropub in Greenhills Town Center

I've read somewhere that their Truffled Popcorn is really good. Even comparing it to those offered at high end gastropubs like Opus. That would be something that I would like to try next time I visit D'Amburger. And of course, another helping of Juicy Lucy would be something that I would welcome anytime.


Greenhills Town Center
No. 2 Granada St.
Brgy. Valencia, Quezon City

654-1395



No comments:

Post a Comment