Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Perfect Place For A Solitary Diner

table setting at Galileo Enoteca

I've been to Galileo Enoteca before and this is on their flagship store located in Calbayog Street in Mandaluyong City. I like the holistic vibe of the place. Frankly, who would have thought a gem of an Italian resto can be found amidst this gritty district where one could also sight a pharmacy, a videoke bar, a talipapa market, a tricycle station and a honky tonk bar? This somewhat unusual location of the restaurant added more to its charm. Once inside, it really felt like you're dining inside a wine cellar with rows and rows of wines that lined each walls and brooding lighting to match it with. Their servers very knowledgeable in suggesting on what to order on the menu. This somewhat contributed to the outstanding dining experience that I had here. From the fish appetizer placed on top of a creamy polenta, the delightfully spicy Spaghettini Ala Arabiatta down to the very luscious Panna Cotta dessert.


entrance to Galileo Enoteca, Eastwood

wines on display

counter and more rows of wines

Just recently, I visited Galileo Enoteca's other branch which is located on the very upscale Eastwood City, Libis. This branch is well lit compared to the more subdued ambiance of their Mandaluyong branch. But comparing the two, I still like the flagship branch more. For some reason I find this branch in Eastwood more commercialized and has none of the charm possessed by the Mandaluyong branch.

complimentary bread slices & dips

iced tea

smeared bread slice

Complimentary bread slices were still served with some dipping sauces. Though I kind of miss the excellent sauces served at the Mandaluyong branch, most especially the pesto dip. The Iced Tea was served on a tall glass prettified with a cloth wrapped around it.

pasta

gelato

I ordered quite measly tonight but I did enjoyed my meal here. The Bucatini All' Amatriciana has a zesty tomato sauce base that canoodled the bucatini pasta which I found quite stout  than normal pasta noodles. It reminded me of lomi noodles for some reason, although this one has bite to it and not mushy at all. The pasta dish has some slices of well cooked bacon on it that provided a balancing saltiness on the overall sharp flavor of the tomato sauce.

I was all prepped up for the dessert and asked if I could have a serving of the Panna Cotta. But I was appalled when I was advised that they don't serve desserts till 8PM, or so I was told (This instance happened a little past 5PM). The explanation provided by my hostess became blurred and incoherent. What I just understood was I will not have my much loved panna cotta tonight. My sulkiness must have been a little too obvious since she quickly offered their gelato selections as replacement. I decided to have the Pistachio Gelato instead, served on a martini glass and topped with a luscious red cherry. The gelato was substantially creamy and satisfied my yearning for something sweet that night.


All throughout my stay here, I could here testosterone-filled men in the adjoining room laughing boisterously while discussing a quite risque topic. Tongues apparently loosened by the amount of alcohol they already ingested unto their system. Rightfully so, since this resto wouldn't be called 'enoteca' if not for their wide array of wines. I would have obliged myself if my hostess offered me one. I wouldn't mind capping off my meal with a nice glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. *wink*


Eastwood Citywalk 1
Cyberpark, Orchard Road
Bagumbayan, Quezon City

(0922) 832-8071

No comments:

Post a Comment