Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Best French Macarons Ever

the best macarons one could have at Chez Karine

This could possibly be my newest favorite dessert place of the moment. I've been wanting to visit Chez Karine Bakery and try their much heralded macarons which was said to be Pierre Herme calibre. Herme is a renowned French pastry chef known for his macarons and was dubbed by Vogue Magazine as "The Picasso of Pastry" with whom Chez Karine owner, Karen Yang, has undergone training in Paris. But due to it's popularity and frequent rounds on other online sites, I felt if I went here right away I might have some difficulty nabbing a seat and making myself comfortable. Discomfort could easily rob me of my enjoyment of the food that I'm eating, no matter how good the taste is. So I waited till the hype went down a bit. And the wait did paid off.

display case of all the yummy desserts sweets

counter

I find the interiors of Chez Karine Bakery very vibrant and sunshiny in appearance. Though they only provide limited seating inside, the al fresco area has more ample space. Feeling a bit of a snob today, I decided to just enjoy my desserts inside. Besides, I also want to gaze on all of those desserts and colorful macarons behind the glass display brilliantly lighted to highlight the desserts' desirable factor. I seated on a high stool and tried not to eavesdrop to a young couple seated a few chairs away from mine sharing sweets nothings while they share their ordered desserts.

my order at Chez Karine. Love the cute take-out box, I must add.



Ambroisie & macarons

I know this visit to Chez Karine is going to be as sugar-centric as can be so I braced myself. And as much as I would want to order all of the macarons that this French bakery offers, I really don't want to go overboard. So I just ordered four variants, namely: Coffee, Earl Grey, Salted Caramel & Pistachio. I admired first how pristine looking these French macarons (P50.00/each) were. One bite of one of these beauties and I'm captivated by it instantly. Slightly crisp outside and succumbing to a pleasurable softness inside. Followed by a subtly of sweetness. It's hands down the best macarons I've ever tasted.


caramel macchiato and peanut butter & banana


another shot of the entremets

I also had some of their Entremets selections (or light desserts, if you will). My absolute favorite is the Caramel Macchiato (P185.00), a very light custard like dessert with caramel bavaroix or caramel filling, espresso cremeaux that offers slight bitterness and chocolate biscuit as its base. It's very much like that much beloved coffee beverage just in a dessert form. A playful touch of a coffee bean was also placed on top of this dessert.

My next favorite is the Peanut Butter & Banana (P195.00). It's made up of joconde sponge, peanut butter mousse, caramelized banana compote, and brownie biscuits studded with pecans. This dessert somehow reminds me of a mille-fuille, also known as Napoleon pastry. With the combination of banana and peanut butter on this exquisite dessert, I'm sure if Elvis is still alive (him being a lover of peanut butter and banana sandwich) would fall in love with it.

The Ambroisie (P225.00), though touted as one of their bestseller, did not win my heart completely. I find the consistency too mousse-y for me. Though I like the strawberry filling as it co-mingle with the intense chocolate flavor of this dessert.


vanilla royal pudding


cafe mocha

I was able to try Chez Karine's Royal Pudding placed in a cute mini glass jar. I had the Vanilla (P100.00), a dessert custard that's very smooth, sweet and silky. I was told that their panna cotta selection is also equally divine. Must come back to try those next time.

My two favorite drinks in the world were coffee and hot chocolate. And with their Cafe Mocha (P120.00), it's like having the best of both worlds. It's a perfect cup of hot drink to have especially this upcoming Holiday season.


Chez Karine; Serendra

Definitely, I wouldn't dare to miss Chez Karine Bakery and try those yummy macarons again once I'm back here in Serendra.



Piazza Serendra
(Between Cupcakes By Sonja & Gelatissimo Cafe)
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig

www.chezkarine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment