Monday, August 19, 2013

All I Need Is Some Sucre

2013-08-10-4730
desserts & coffee at Kitchen's Best

Walking around BGC can be all fun and exhausting at the same time. My reason for this long excursion on foot: I'm searching for this Parisian bakery shop brought to Manila by a well-known clothing magnate. But alas! The two branches that I know of where the said high-end bakery were supposed to be located were still undergoing construction. Boohoohoo! So I walked, and walked...and walked. By the time I passed by The Mind Museum, I already felt my knees and legs starting to quiver. No doubt it would soon turn into jelly. Sounds like an image straight from Tales From The Crypt or The Twilight Zone, right? I was already musing on the idea of settling for Toast Box but I wanted to load myself on desserts that were quite exemplary and would give me that much needed energy boost that only sugar can do.


Then Kitchen's Best Home Patisserie came into my mind and their highly-regarded dessert, the Plaisir Sucre. I sped up my pace, almost like a haste. 

2013-08-10-4731
interior

What greeted me were the burgundy and white color scheme interiors that I find very pleasing to the eyes. And the exquisitely detailed chandeliers and tall windows draped with equally arresting red curtains which were a class on its own. Blow up pictures of famous celebrities from different fields were also one of the main attractions inside the dining area, as well as the tantalizing display case of all those cakes and sweet treats that one could ask for.


2013-08-10-4721
savory food and milkshake

2013-08-10-4718
spinach phyllo triangles

2013-08-10-4719
cheesy beef lasagna

2013-08-10-4716
peanut butter milkshake

I didn't dig in on desserts right away. I'm saving those for later. I wanted to end this meal with aplomb. After all, I deserve it after that very tiring walk. I initially wanted to have the 40 Cloves Chicken; slow cooked chicken immersed in olive oil and other secret herbs. But I was afraid it might be to heavy for a single diner like myself so I opted for a safer alternative with the Cheesy Beef Lasagna. This hot plate of enormous size was literally overflowing with cheese. I was also satisfied with the beefiness of the sauce. It's a supersized lasagna plate good enough for two.

I also ordered the Spinach Phyllo Triangles to go along with the pasta since I find the name of the appetizer sounds quite rustic. The phyllo pastry literally crumbles once bitten into before it relinquished it's filing of spinach and cheese. The flavors were very benign but I still liked it very much.

The Peanut Butter Milkshake cooled me down from that long stroll. I find this drink more like a slush than a milkshake since it's not as thick I'd imagined it would be but still grateful from the comforting sweetness it brought me.

2013-08-10-4723
white chocolate macadamia brittle cheesecake & the plaisir sucre

2013-08-10-4725
my newest fave

2013-08-10-4729
geeky latte art

Plaisir Sucre has always been one of my top favorite dessert when I first tried it on Kitchen's Best branch at Karrivin Plaza in Pasong Tamo. Who could resist the various interplay of sweet in different gradation of this highly exquisite dessert? It's a guaranteed pleasure upon pleasure once you got a taste of it. However, there's another dessert that also made it's way to my list of favorites. And this is none other than the White Chocolate Macadamia Brittle Cheesecake. A smooth, rich and very sweet cheesecake jauntily sported with macadamia brittle on top like a maiden ostensibly showing her dazzling jeweled ornaments. I quite enjoyed popping pieces of those brittle to my mouth and savor the crunch, salt and sweet sensation brought by it.

My brows furrowed a bit when the cup of Cafe Latte was brought to me. The person who made the latte art must have drawn inspiration from my looks. From the hair pressed firmly on the scalp to the eyeglasses with ogling eyes. Though I swear my teeth are not as prominent as those depicted on this art. 

1

McKinley Park Residences
3rd Avenue and 31st Street
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig

www.facebook.com/KitchenBest/
instagram: @kitchenbestph



No comments:

Post a Comment