Wednesday, August 28, 2013

All Things Sweet & Beautiful

2013-08-13-4740
crepes at La Creperie

Aside from pancakes, I also have an inordinate love for what I would call it's sexier, more luxurious counterpart...crepes. It's one elegant dessert, almost "lady-like", that I just couldn't get enough of.


2013-08-13-4750
crepes and hot chocolate

I've been to La Creperie before and I remember how enchanted I was with the Super Christine and I just couldn't contain my excitement to get another serving of it when I swing back here one weekday after spending a very tiring shift at work. Dessert has always been a form of reward for me. And to have it presented in the most beautiful way is always a welcome bonus.

2013-08-13-4747
super christine

2013-08-13-4746
salidou

The Super Christine still satisfied me on all counts. The thin crepe was slathered with strawberry jam, then top with whipped cream and some slices of tartly sweet strawberries. It was then drizzled in artful zigzag motion with some chocolate syrup. It's one of those sweet treat that make me go giddy.

The Salidou: Simple as it may look and with few ingredients such as salted butter caramel and whipped cream but this crepe still packs a wallop. Any dessert with caramel is already a winner in my book. And the salidou performed it's delicious duty in spades. Just wonderful!

2013-08-13-4745
Angelina's

The idyllic sounding Le Chocolat Chaud Angelina's. A luxurious hot chocolate couverture served Paris style. It's liquid warmth soothing, the stark chocolate flavor awaken my senses. I stirred some of the cream into this luxury hot drink the color of which almost mimics the darkest night. The color of this superlative drink lightened up somewhat, it even lent a discernible sheen. But the richness of it's flavor have not lessen. Every sip soothes my lagging spirit and at the same time made my heart leap for joy for it's sheer goodness. Thank God for these small (palatable) pleasures.

1

Robinsons Galleria
Ortigas Ave cor EDSA
Ugong Norte, Quezon City

No comments:

Post a Comment