Sunday, May 13, 2012

I'm Now A Greek Food Convert

food at Cyma

I knew, based on what I've been hearing about this resto, that Cyma offers good quality Greek food. But I never realized until I actually dined there that their food was not only good, but quite addicting that you would want to go back again and again and again until you tried all there is on their menu. Yes. I currently have that certain, almost frightening, compulsion to visit Cyma multiple times till I'm down on the last entry of their menu.


lemonade

Let it be known that I'm the kind of person who would like to enjoy my food while inside the restaurant. I just find it much cozier and I would enjoy the food more. However, it was a busy Saturday night at Cyma in Eastwood Mall. And me and my friends were placed on a waiting list. So, nabbing a seat inside would be dim. Plus my friend, Gael, seem to have a penchant for dining al fresco. One of the few dissimilaries between us friends that I'm still learning to wiggle myself into. We were with her fiance, Jaydee, whom I learned was also enamored as I am now with Cyma. The night air produced hot drafts, believe it or not. An indication of an impending rain that did transpired a few hours later. A grumble of thunder was heard in the distance. I initially wanted to order their frappe drink with full sweetness (gliko). However, the said drink was not available tonight. I settled for the Lemonade (single/P80.00), a refreshing drink but it did not stop the beads of sweat that made appearance on my forehead.

servers cried out "Opa!" as they serve the Saganaki

Original Saganaki

chili oil

We started off with the Orektika (starter), Cyma's specialty of the Original Saganaki or Flaming Cheese (P220.00). I was already made aware by Gael that they always cry out "Opa!" when serving this dish so I wasn't really that much surprised when they made that presentation on our table. Although I almost bit my tongue out of fright when they cried again "Opa!" at a nearby table while I'm busy gobbling up our mains. A mixture of parmesan, mozzarella and EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), the saganaki was a virtual delight and arresting in flavor. A perfect combo for the crusty breads with its noticeable grill marks. I dribbled my own share with some chili oil and it made this appetizing cheese dish deliriously good.

lamb ragu tagliatelle

hirine brizola

bifteka

We were all floored when our main orders arrived. The servings were alarmingly huge. No fret. I'm with two equally ravenous eaters so demolishing this whole entrees would prove to be no sweat. Or so I hope. The Lamb Ragu Tagliatelle (P350.00) was a bolognese pasta dish like no other. It used ground lamb meat instead of the usual beef or pork, topped with parmigiano reggiano. The tagliatelle pasta was cooked al dente, the ground lamb meat did not overpower, instead it rounded up the flavor of the bolognese sauce. 

The Hirine Brizola (P495.00) affirmed that I wouldn't be a vegetarian anytime soon. Their own version of pork chops was grilled to perfection. It was one juicy, succulent meat that's so good I would want to order this one all for myself the next time I'll visit.

I originally want to order the Pastitsio, Cyma's own version of baked macaroni. However, Jaydee intimated that they would order this dish but for some reason they settled to order that tagliatelle pasta. I decided to have instead the Bifteka or the Greek Wagyu Burger (P390.00). It was made of Wagyu Brahman beef patties, peppered feta cheese, tzatziki (Greek yogurt) with lettuce, tomatoes and arugula. I asked for it to be cooked medium well but it seems to me as I forked the burger and tasted it that it was cooked well done and was a bit tough. Notwithstanding this little mishap, I still like the burger well enough. The patty was enormous and thick. The feta cheese provided the desirable sharp flavor and salty feel that could make anyone's mouth water. The next time around I would ask for the meat to be cook medium rare.

skolatina

I would always, always order dessert to end a meal. Especially if a meal was this good. So for our Glyka (dessert), I ordered the Skolatina or Molten Chocolate Cake (P295.00). We initially thought its a bread pudding masquerading as a cake. Once you pierced it, you'll be rewarded with a beating chocolate ganache shelled within. Mix it with the vanilla ice cream then trail it over the caramel sauce and brace yourself to one sweet dessert coma. :)



With this wonderful Greek food that I was able to try that evening, I'm pretty sure I'll be back to Cyma in no time. ;)


2nd Level, Eastwood Mall Veranda
E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave.
Bagumbayan, Libis, Q.C.

709-1955

No comments:

Post a Comment