Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bulgogi All The Way

table setting

Korean cuisines have been rampant in this part of the metro nowadays. From Korean-style chicken fast food to restaurants specializing in bulgogi dishes. One such resto is Kogi Bulgogi, a sister restaurant (if I'm not mistaken) of Tokyo Cafe, Stackers Burger Cafe and Peri Peri Charcoal Chicken.


Korean side dishes

What I highly appreciate about Korean cuisine is that they serve a lot of side dishes while waiting for the food items you ordered to arrive. And you would always see the kimchi among the side dishes which is one of my absolute favorite. The spicy sweet flavor of this vegetable condiment was what makes it oh-so-irresistible.


mango shake


California roll


The Mango Shake provided the ample coldness I needed after I rambled endlessly and ogled at shops and stalls in the Eastwood area. I was careful though not to sip so virtuously to avoid a possible brain freeze. The California Roll seemed to be out of whack to the whole Korean milieu but I just couldn't resist the female server's charm in convincing me to have this as part of my orders. Subconsciously, I must have been craving for it since I thoroughly enjoyed this roll. I even liked the subtlety of the wasabe.


bulgogi rice


cold buckwheat noodles


I was satisfied with my order of the Bulgogi Ssambap or Bulgogi Rice. The beef bulgogi has the slight peppery, spicy flavor that lingers and really made my mouth water. The serving was hefty, too. Good enough for two, actually. I also adore the Naeng Momil Gook Soo or Cold Buckwheat Noodles served with chilled beef broth where I mixed in some of the wasabe and then dipped the noodles onto the broth before I tried as modestly as I can to eat it. Quite messy to eat this one but I did enjoyed it. My absolute favorite.


candies giveaway


Kogi Bulgogi; Eastwood Mall


Too bad the ice cream bar, Melona, said to be the Korean counterpart of Magnum ice cream bar, was not available when I dined here. Hopefully, it will be on my next visit. :)




2nd Level, New Eastwood Mall
E. Rodriguez Ave.
Bagumbayan, Quezon City


470-6884-85


www.kogibulgogi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment