Friday, June 22, 2012

Me Love Ice Cream

ice cream sundae & shake

Ice creams are one of those desserts that I absolutely love. It's cool, creamy comfort it offers are just enough reason for me to cheer up if I'm having a bad day. It's also a perfect armor against scorching heat. On a particularly hot day, I would usually buy a tub of ice cream. My favorite of the moment would be Selecta's Pistachio & Cashew. There were also times, right after our church service, a sorbetero would be just right outside our church's gate ready to scoop up dirty ice creams from his cart. Although calling it 'dirty ice cream' seems politically incorrect. It's just that those ice cream that we buy from the cart of a sorbetero has a distinct taste that one could not find with any other ice cream brands. If mamang sorbetero is not around, I would walk all the way to the corner of our street to get my soft-serve ice cream fix at Mini-Stop.


Swensen's in Eastwood Mall

When I've learned that Swensen's finally opened its first branch at Mall Of Asia, I've plotted numerous plans to visit this much talked-about ice cream parlor however all of it yielded to nothing. The proximity of the mall from my place plus the fact that I haven't been to MOA all by myself proved to be the barriers that stopped me from visiting Swensen's. When I attended a get together with peers in Eastwood City right after a friend's wedding, I saw something that what seemed to me was like an apparition. A big tarp proclaiming Swensen's will open soon at Eastwood Mall Veranda. I literally shrieked much to the horrors of the two companions that I'm with. But I'm too preoccupied with the tarp I saw to notice their reactions. My mind swirled on one constant thought: No need to go all the way to MOA to experience Swensen's. I might even have hopscotched all the way to Starbucks Coffee in Eastwood Citywalk where the some of our other peers had already gathered. Such glee on news about this ice cream brand can do to me.

inside Swensen's

inside Swensen's (1)

inside Swensen's (2)

When I finally learned that Swensen's in Eastwood finally opened, I set plans right away to pay them a visit. It was supposed to be a dinner date with friends but excitement got in the way that I went here first for my ice cream dessert fix before our supposed dinner date. My friends already told me beforehand that they don't have any intention of trying out Swensen's so that suited me just fine.

ebony & ivory

chocolate ice cream shake float

cutesy drinking glass

My eyes were glued instantly to pictures of towering ice cream sundae creations so I easily chose the Ebony & Ivory. An alternate layers of macademia ice cream and bite sized brownies laced with caramel. To finish it off, there's a tassel of whipped cream and topped with a single cherry covered with chocolate. I liked the slightly salty and sweet feel of the macademia ice cream that blended perfectly with the intense chocolatey taste of the brownies.

I also had the Chocolate Ice Cream Shake Float. Rich, thick and sweet. It's an ice cream milkshake of my dream come to life. Even their cutesy drinking glass made drinking water so much better. Now, if I could only tuck this baby inside my knapsack without being noticed. Te-he! ;)

Coffee Mocha Almond

Iced Mocha

On another occasion when I had my pre-birthday celebration with my friends a few days ago, I decided to bring them here. Knowing they would also get infected with the happy-glee feeling I had when I first tried the ice cream here at Swensen's.

My friends had the Coffee Mocha Almond, a combination of coffee and chocolate ice cream laced with hot fudge and almonds and an Iced Mocha. A drink which seemed to me was quite heavy on the whipped cream.

chocolate fondue

ice cream scoops (photo courtesy of Jhen)

fruits, brownies & wafer platter (photo courtesy of Jhen)


Choco-O-Latte


Choco-O-Latte (after it was reduced from its frothy, whipped cream glory, almost forgot to take a picture of it)



I wanted something fancier so I had the Chocolate Fondue. It's an ice cream lover's dream come true with a total of nine scoops of ice cream of your choice where you can dunk it in the provided chocolate sauce kept warm with a single candle lighted underneath the sauce's small shallow dish. Fruits, brownies and wafers are also served as alternate items to deep into the sauce.


The Choc-O-Latte I ordered served as a good hot counterpoint to my ice cream fondue.

deney, lei, jhen & karen anne

Swensen's @ Eastwood Mall (photo courtesy of Jhen)

A big thank you to my friends Karen Anne, Jhen and Deney with his beau; Lei for joining me on this one of a kind indulgence. An indulgence that I could repeat as many times as I want since Swensen's is now very near my place. With that being said, I feel like doing another set of hopscotch. He-he! ;)


2nd Floor, Eastwood Mall Veranda
Eastwood City, Libis, Q.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment