Tuesday, January 1, 2013

One Day In Kapitolyo

2012-12-02-3320
gyoza and ramen at Ramen Cool

Going to Kapitolyo, Pasig is always an adventure for me. There always seem to be something new to try whenever I'm here. I envy the people who live nearby since good food are within their easy reach just like my friend, Dyce. I wouldn't mind filling in her shoes even for just a week to enjoy the same privilege.

Ramen Cool

2012-12-02-3315
inside Ramen Cool

I was quite excited on this return trip of mine to Kapitolyo. Even as I was getting ready to leave from home, I already know to which food places I would drop by. I made my first stop at a ramen house curiously named Ramen Cool. A very vibrantly colored restaurant with yellow as its predominant hue, the rather eclectic vibe of the place was the one that struck me first and what lured me to go inside. Surely a place this cool (most possibly where the namesake of the resto was derived because of its rather cool interiors) would only serve nothing but good food---or make that exceptional ramens. 

2012-12-02-3317
iced kohi

2012-12-02-3318
warm milk being poured unto the frozen coffee cubes

2012-12-02-3319
blending it all together

The Kohi Ice has a rather bravura presentation. Small blocks of frozen coffee cubes jumbled together in a rather tall, svelte glass. Pour in the warm milk and I watched with awe as the coffee cubes melted and mixed with the milk. I then added the small portion of honey as a sweetener and stirred. Though the presentation on this drink was quite beguiling, the love affair didn't last very long I'm afraid. I find the bitterness of the kohi quite strong even with the presence of too much milk to it. The sweetness was quite lacking for me as well. I should have asked for more of the honey but felt so timid to ask. This is the kind of attitude I'm planning to eradicate this new year. To be bolder and braver in asking for something, especially if its warranted. Hope to succeed on this.

2012-12-02-3321
gyoza with choices of sauces to make a nice dip

2012-12-02-3322
katsu curry ramen

I like their Gyoza. It's packed with so much meat and the dough wrapper encasing it were quite sturdy. It's quite huge, too. I had difficulty picking it up with the use of chopsticks which I later dish out to replace it with a spoon and a fork to properly manage the quite hefty pieces of gyoza. 

The star of this meal was of course my ramen order. The Katsu Curry Ramen was quite intimidating to look at. The bowl it was served with was quite big. I was even doubtful if I could finish it all up. Nevertheless, one sip of the soup and I was absolutely taken by it. The consistency was a cross between a gravy and a broth that was mildly spiked with spice. I was quite surprised that the katsu retained its inherent crunch even after being submerged to the curry-soup broth. The noodles were al dente. I also had a grand time alternately sipping the gravy broth then biting at the noodles and the katsu.

2012-12-02-3323
Ramen Bar; Kapitolyo

There's a lot of selection of ramen dishes on their menu that I would like to try in the future. A relative of mine has asked me to bring her to this place right after a posted a picture of the same katsu curry ramen dish on my own personal social networking site. Hope to do that once our schedules meet.

RAMEN COOL

25 East Capitol Drive
Brgy. Kapitolyo, Pasig City

~~~~~~~~~
Poco Deli

2012-12-02-3328
my orders at Poco Deli

My second and final stop here in Kapitolyo was at Poco Deli. My sole intention to this visit to the delicatessen was only to order some desserts and possibly a cup of coffee. I already felt full after I finished my bowl of ramen at Ramen Cool that I thought I already don't have any more stomach space for more food. But I was dead wrong! There's quite a selection of savory items on their menu. Quite a lot that not partaking any of those seems wrong. So, I gave in and ordered the Sausage Platter along with the desserts.

2012-12-02-3331
inside Poco Deli

2012-12-02-3329
sausage platter

Among the sausages included in this platter, I like the Bratwurst more which I believe is the stoutest sausage of 'em all. It has that inherent spice to it that I find quite addictive. I almost forgot the other items on my plate after one bite of this sausage.

2012-12-02-3327
chocolate blackout cake and red velvet cake

2012-12-02-3325
iced tea & the blackout cake

But it's the dessert that blew me away on this visit to Poco Deli. The Chocolate Blackout Cake delivers what it promises to be. Almost midnight black in color, the chocolate flavor was quite intense on its cake. As if that was not enough, mini chocolate chips studded the top part. It doesn't get any better than this.

The Red Velvet Cake was also not to be missed. Painfully moist with the most creamiest frosting that I've ever encounter on a red velvet cake. After trying the red velvet, I cannot decide between this cake and the chocolate blackout cake which one is my favorite.

1

21 East Capitol Drive
Brgy. Kapitolyo, Pasig City

477-4332
www.facebook.com/PocoDeliOfficial

No comments:

Post a Comment