Monday, January 14, 2013

An Honest To Goodness Jap Food In Cainta

2012-10-13-2803
food at Gyoza Tei

This dine at Gyoza Tei Fushione Sushi Bar was more of a chance thing. I had a minor disagreement with my Nanay that prompted me to travel all the way to Cainta in the middle of the night, in the Q Plaza area to be exact where I used to work to iron out some business with my former company. Right after that, I went to the Bonanza Arcade near Brickroad with hopes to try the milk tea at Teapsy. Apparently, the milk tea place don't compete with the rest of the watering hole establishments on that strip and closes early. I could possibly had gone back to Hassan Kabab & Steak to try out their ox brain which I heard is insanely good. But Hassan was insanely crowded that night. So, I decided to try out its next door neighbor which is Gyoza Tei.


2012-10-13-2797
interior

2012-10-13-2796
menu

Weekday night notwithstanding, there's a lot of beer drinking buds huddled together carrying on either hand either a Pilsen or a Red Horse on this strip. I however, was nonchalant on the cervezas and eyed on real food that I could order from their laminated menu bounded only by a single ring metal.

2012-10-13-2799
Oh hello, Del Monte! =)

2012-10-13-2802
agadeshi tofu

2012-10-13-2806
tuna tataki

For appetizers, I had the Agadeshi Tofu and Tuna Tataki. The tofu has that light crispiness to it that I like. Submerged in that flavorful liquid which I believed was comprised with mirin, dashi stock, sake and soy sauce, I find this tofu dish quite a delight to eat. Equally enjoyable to munch on was the tuna tataki. I was actually expecting a rather fishy taste (malansa) but I experience none of that. The perfectly seared tuna has the accompanying sauce which I think was also the same sauce that goes with the tofu appetizer.

2012-10-13-2800
gyudon

The Gyudon was such a steal due to its hefty serving. The thinly sliced beef strips were sufficiently soft and tender. A mighty dish that equally matches my humongous appetite that night.

2012-10-13-2807
ice cream tempura

2012-10-13-2808
delish! =)

But the one item that eclipsed all the food that I tried at Gyoza Tei was the Ice Cream Tempura dessert that I ordered. A wonderful sensation of hot and cold, sweet and creamy. I was head over heels with this sweet treat. I only just wish that the serving was twice as big.

As soon as I'm done eating, my cloudy mind got cleared. The tides of my emotions subsided. The restlessness of spirit abated. I wiped the crumbs from my mouth, paid my bills, got up and rode back home.

GYOZA TEI FUSHIONE SUSHI BAR

Imelda Ave, Cainta Rizal (Right next to Hassan Kabab & Steak)

No comments:

Post a Comment