Sunday, January 20, 2013

An Upscale Bakery Cafe w/ The Best Croque Madame In Town

2012-12-29-3677
croque madame at Wildflour

Hands down, this is the most extravagant bakery cafe that I've ever been too. I've been planning to dine at Wildflour Cafe + Bakery for quite sometime now, however I always get sidetrack for one reason or another. But last year (which was really like a few weeks ago), I decided to end year 2012---and my food trip chronicle---with a bang. Hence this visit to this swanking bakery cafe in Bonifacio Global City.


2012-12-29-3676
table setting

2012-12-29-3685
crowd at Wildflour

When I went here just before twilight on a Saturday, the place was already abuzz. When nighttime came, all seats inside the bakery cafe was already occupied. Clearly an indication of how popular Wildflour is nowadays. In spite of that I still able managed to relax and enjoyed my food privately. The good selection of music that streamed from their centralized speakers (90s music by Texas, The Corrs, Duncan Sheik) also helped me to be comfortable amidst those so-called "bourgeois" crowd.

2012-12-29-3680
iced cubano

2012-12-29-3682
mac & cheese

2012-12-29-3678
the gloriously looking croque madame

I was expecting to start this meal with their Mac & Cheese, listed on their appetizer menu. But the Croque Madame came in first. A looker with its massiveness, the two thickly sliced brioche was overloaded with melting Gruyere cheese, generous portions of ham and topped with a perfectly cooked sunny side up egg. One bite and I'm instantly hooked. I could even attest that tasting this sandwich was akin to having a crush...or maybe falling in love. To try this single dish alone is already worth the visit to Wildflour, I'm telling you.

As if the cheesy goodness of the croque madame wasn't enough, the Mac & Cheese then graced my table, teeming with no less than Gruyere and cheddar. The macaroni noodles still has some bite to it. Really addictive. This dish somehow reminded me of the mac & cheese that I tried in Borough.

I never liked drinks with espresso since I find it quite too strong in taste and bitterness, but the Iced Cubano worked out just fine. The cinnamon infused milk that they used helps to temper down the bitter taste of the drink.

2012-12-29-3687
pot au creme

I ended this meal with yet another outstanding dessert in the form of the Valrhona Chocolate Pot Au Creme. It provided a very smooth chocolate consistency with a cool mouth and tongue feel that I almost thought I'm eating chocolate ice cream. The crushed peanuts provided a nice contrast and the sea salt rounded up the chocolate flavor even more.

1

G/F Net Lima Building
4th Ave. cor 26th St.
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig

856-7600
Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment