Sunday, February 17, 2013

This Cafe Is My Compadre, My Padrino

2013-01-28-3844
coffee and cake at Il Padrino

A new coffee shop is brewing in Robinsons Galleria. I noticed Il Padrino Coffee when I attended a service in Victory Church a few Sundays ago here. I checked out the board menu situated right at the entrance of this rather "very open" coffee shop. The menu is limited but compact. Pastas, pizzas, some salads and sandwiches. But the main attraction here is, of course, their coffee selection, and quite a number of desserts, to my heart's content.



2013-01-28-3833
Il Padrino Coffee in Galleria

2013-01-28-3839
digging this elegant watcher pitcher

2013-01-28-3837
a rather heavy meal at Il Padrino

2013-01-28-3838
Monte Cristo sandwich

2013-01-28-3835
margherita pasta w/ herbed fish

2013-01-28-3834
iced blended cappuccino

I soon discovered that Il Padrino boast of excellent coffee. The iced blended drink I tried, the Iced Cappuccino Butterscotch flavor can make other frapps offered at other top and well-established coffee shops a fairly good competition. This is definitely my cool and sweet escape to the moderately hot day outside.

The food offered at Il Padrino was also something to ponder upon and try. The Margherita Pasta w/ Herbed Fish has a very slick oil based sauce, the easier to slurp the noodles to my able mouth. The herbed dory fish was milky soft and tender. Hope they come up with a spicy version of this pasta dish.

I also quite enjoyed the Bacon & Cheese Monte Cristo. Monte Cristo is a fried sandwich usually with ham and cheese, but Il Padrino's version replaced the ham with bacon and was dredged on panko breadcrumbs to attain that ultra crispy texture. Good stuff, this one.

2013-01-28-3842
opera cake

2013-01-28-3845
Bicerin Torino

I was equally enthralled with the Opera cake dessert that I tried. A layered sponge cake teeming with coffee flavor and covered with chocolate ganache. It's so good it almost made my heart leap and sing. 

Selecting for a hot coffee to pair up with my cake, I asked what constitute the Bicerin Torino. The succinct reply was, "It's sweeter than cafe mocha." A sweeter blend of cafe mocha is something that excites me even more. It's one smoldering cup of espresso, chocolate and milk. Unabashedly sweet with that power kick of strong coffee. I was completely wired up by the time I finished this drink.

1

4th Level, West Wing
Robinsons Galleria

www.ilpadrinocoffee.com


















2 comments:

  1. I am happy that you appreciate our service and most specially our food!

    God bless you always. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joshua,

      I appreciate your comment. I'll try again to swing by your coffee shop soonest. :)

      Delete