Sunday, February 10, 2013

An Epic Coffee Experience

2013-01-19-3764
cakes and coffee at Epic Cafe

There's a new cafe that opened in Kapitolyo with a rather unique set up. The coffee shop has bicycles parked inside which possibly denotes the owners' active lifestyle or penchant for biking activities. I first heard about Epic Coffee Roastery (also called Epic Bike Cafe) from food blogger Lori Baltazar when she mentioned it on Twitter. She was even impressed with the coffee paraphernalia displayed at the counter where I was able to see firsthand when I set foot here just recently.


2013-01-19-3761
display counter

2013-01-19-3762
life saying by Einstein

2013-01-19-3763
coffee tasting note graffito

Epic Cafe is a sister company of Poco Deli. With that knowledge alone, one can expect delicious sweet treat from their cakes and pastries selection. As for the coffee, that I would soon find out. But just basing on the graffito detailing the owner's tasting note for coffee, it's going to be an epic one, pun intended.

2013-01-19-3766
rhum cake & lemon cake

2013-01-19-3765
mochaccino

The cakes were indeed outstanding. The Rhum Cake reminded me so much of fruitcake but somewhat lighter. This cake is excessively sweet, too, and might turn off some people. But I like the sweetness bravado of this cake with an after note of caramel.

My favorite though is the Lemon Cake. A very delicate creation of sponge cake with a very mild sour tang that is truly irresistible. The icing of which was lightly perfumed of lemon zest. The cake was so good I finished this one first before the rhum cake. 

As for the coffee, I fell in love with their Mochaccino. I always order cafe mocha and any of its permutations whenever I'm in a cafe. I just can't resist the balance flavors of chocolate and coffee. Epic Coffee's version fits the bill perfectly. Strong coffee, smoky notes of chocolate and with enough sweetness to make my heart feel giddy. What made it more extra special was the latte art of heart that the nice barista especially prepared for my cup of coffee. How sweet of him! Which just reminded me, Valentines is only just around the corner.

2013-01-19-3767
Epic Cafe; Kapitolyo

I also read that Epic Coffee also offers artisanal Barako ice cream. With the heat slowly creeping in, clearly a sign that summer is fast approaching, a serving of a rich, creamy ice cream with strong coffee flavor is something I wouldn't pass up.

1

102 East Capitol Drive
Brgy. Kapitolyo, Pasig City

631-0057










4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked the cafe! Their pastries have gotten better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori,

      Yup! I just read your post of Epic Cafe on DCF. Will sure to drop by soonest to try again their coffee and of course, the pastries. Thanks! =)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Knickknacksnix,

      Prices at Epic Cafe are affordable compared to others. The coffee ranges around P100 to P150. :)

      Delete