Sunday, November 13, 2011

I Adore Cookbook Kitchen


food at cookbook kitchen

I've always wanted to dine here in Cookbook Kitchen, however, for some reason or another, I was only able to do so just recently. And I really regret I didn't made it sooner, since the food here was just so good. I was greatly satisfied with the dishes we tried here that I'm already considering to have my Christmas meal here (or possibly in their main branch in Socorro Fernandez St. in Mandaluyong).


table setting

On a sudden whim, I send out an invitation through my Facebook wall to some friends to finally try Cookbook Kitchen here in Eastwood City. And it became a reality on a week before Halloween if my memory serves me right. I was with good pals Jhen, Diselle and Darlene that night. 

jampacked night

The place was packed when we arrived here. There was even a long table assembled in one corner where a party is celebrating someone's birthday. We almost thought there's no more space left for our party to occupy.

corpse in casket

Chucky doll

Halloween theme was prevalent in this restaurant, same with other establishments in the area. I especially liked the Chucky doll conspicuously placed with the bottles of wines. And the very eerie looking casket with a skeletal cadaver inside. 

Upon settling into our seats, we quickly scanned the menu and here's what we've ordered:

Parmesan Crusted White Fish- regular size (P220.00)

Parmesan crusted white fish

Painfully soft fish fillet with parmesan cheese baked till it reached its desirable golden sheen. The fish was very soft it almost disintegrate once in contact with tongue. It seemed we cannot stop spooning this dish until there's nothing left.

Chicken w/ Sesame Remoulade (P220.00)

chicken in sesame remoulade

The chicken fillet was also very moist and tender, it reminded me of grilled chicken fillet sandwich I tried in Burger King. The sweet mayo sesame dressing that coats the chicken fillet added to its succulent quality.


Vigan Pasta (P230.00)

vigan pasta

Al dente pasta with the right smokiness flavor from the Vigan longganisa. Served with salt and pepper vinegar. This dish slightly reminded me of pancit habhab that also has the requisite vinegar you put into the noodles.

Bacon Mushroom Pasta (P230.00)

bacon mushroom pasta

Fusili noodles in carbonara (Bechamel) sauce with bacon and mushroom for additional umami goodness.

Kittin' Scarlett Cake (P160.00)

kittin' scarlett cake


Their own version of the red velvet cake, the cream cheese frosting was not too sweet, and the generous sprinkling of cocoa powder made this cake look ravishing, like a girl in red dress and high pumps. 

jhen & darla

me & diselle

It was indeed a fun, fun night. We were giggling like teen girls because of the cute chef manning the staff out back. The only thing that puzzled me was my order of red iced tea never arrived. I didn't follow it up anymore since water was served anyway. Most possibly because there was a lot of customers that they need to attend to that caused this little infraction.

cookbook kitchen in libis

Festivities didn't end here. At least on my part. I'll give the details next time. ;)



1880-A Bldg., Eastwood City, Libis
Quezon City, Metro Manila

709-3593

No comments:

Post a Comment