Thursday, November 24, 2011

Comfort (Japanese) Food in Teriyaki Boy

table setting


I noticed just recently that I have this certain fondness for Asian food, specifically for Japanese cuisine. I was totally caught by the richness of flavors and the freshness of the food served in Japanese restaurants. And the servings were quite big as well. And Teriyaki Boy is no exception.

My friend, Karen Anne, introduced me to Teriyaki Boy, surprisingly since she's not fond of raw food. She only likes the cooked variety. I, on the other hand, (this is my adventurous side talking) would like to try the raw stuff (please-pass-the-sashimi-my-way kind of stuff).

On one occasion I dined with Karen, here's what we had:

Mango Shake (P65.00)


mango shake

Sweet and refreshing. I like the tall glass of the shake as well.

Teriyaki Boy Chicken w/ Rice (P195.00)

teriyaki chicken

Succulent chicken in their own special Teriyaki sauce. I love the sweet and peppery flavor of the sauce. Definitely deserved to be their signature dish.

Tanmen Ramen (Regular: P165.00),


This ramen has tons of seafood in it: it has squid, creme dori fish, kamaboko (cured surimi-the pink one you see inside the bowl) and tiger prawns. Although this one looked like just regular shrimps and not tiger prawns. Still a good pair up to our meal.

Philly Cheese Steak Roll (P175.00)

philly cheese steak rolls

Karen was just head over heels with this rolls. It was quite exceptional, really. Teppanyaki beef and caramelized onions inside these rice rolls topped with flame torched cheese . Dunk the rolls in the included yoghurt like dip and you're in pure bliss.

On another occasion, this would be what I would call an impromptu get together with my friends, we visited again Teriyaki Boy. Right after chilling at Starbucks Coffee in Eastwood Mall and ogling at some artistas who we spotted in the area, we decided to eat dinner since dessert coffees and pastries was not enough to fend off our hunger.

I initially suggested that we try Sizzling Pepper Steak since I haven't tried it yet, however Karen was craving for gyoza and the devilishly good Philly Cheese Steak Roll. After we briefly perused the menu of Sizzling Pepper Steak, and a single glanced from Karen, as if on cue, we all stood up from our seats and troop to Teriyaki Boy. Don't worry, Sizzling Pepper Steak, I'll try you when the next opportunity comes in. *wink!*

philly cheese steak (second round)


Again, we ordered the Philly Cheese Steak Roll. It seemed Karen can't get enough of these roll. Who wouldn't? I ask. It was really very addicting.

Here's the rest of the food we ordered that night:

Miso Soup (P45.00)


This was actually part of the bento meal I ordered. However, if you'll order it ala carte, the above mentioned price is what you have to pay. For one who doesn't like Sinigang sa Miso that my Tita Ling usually cooked at home, I like most of the miso soup I tried in restaurants. It doesn't have that grainy quality that my Tita's Sinigang sa Miso usually has.

Gyoza (P110.00)

gyoza

Nothing extra special. But a fine appetizer to jump start our meal.

Gyu-Yakiniku Don (P285.00)

gyu-yakiniku don

Ofie's order. Its a generous serving of thinly sliced beef in their Yakiniku sauce with raw egg and sprinkling of sesame seeds

Teriyaki Chicken Bento (P300.00)

teriyaki bento

Karen and I opted to order the Teriyaki Bento meal. Aside from the Miso Soup, you also got Kani Salad, Sesame Moyashi, and Coffee Jelly. The price of the meal is already a steal for its hefty serving. I upgraded my rice to the Yakimeshi rice, a variant of Japanese fried rice with vegetables, however next time, I would opt for just plain Japanese rice to allow the Teriyaki Chicken flavor to introduced itself instead of being overpowered by the already flavorful Yakimeshi rice.

The only let down with Teriyaki Boy was they only have Yogato (yoghurt) as dessert where you could put fruits and whatnots.

a picture of us while chilling in Starbucks Coffee (Eastwood Mall)

Thanks again to my friends Darlene, Ofie, Karen and Jhen for being available at a short notice when I asked for this impromptu get together. I feel so lucky to have very reliable friends.

teriyaki boy (eastwood branch)

A meal this good always deserve another visit. Till next time! =) 

By the way, please check the cartoon video of Teriyaki Boy on their official web site. It's really cute! =)


Eastwood City Cyberpark, E. Rodriguez Ave.,
Bagumbayan, Libis, Quezon City

(02)912-1429

No comments:

Post a Comment