Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Michelle GoTo: An In Demand Carinderia Place

yummy bulalo

It was right after a very tedious shift at the office, as I'm shutting off my computer, I asked my friend, Eve, if she would like to join me to visit Michelle GoTo in Rosario, Pasig. She immediately agreed to my invitation. One thing led to another and as I board the bus on my way to Rosario, aside from Eve, I also have my other two friends/batchmates Alex and Renz to join me to check out this popular carinderia place.

I first heard about Michelle GoTo when my friend Ofie told me that she frequented this carinderia/bulaluhan place when she was still working with a different company. She usually hang out with her colleagues there right after their shift. She also pointed out that Michelle is always full of customers. A 'box-office hit' compared to the other eatery place right next door of Michele, a contrast picture of dull, dim lighted dining area with only a handful of people can be seen inside. That only means Michelle offers really good food to command such volume of people each day. And it naturally heightened my interest.

people enjoying the food of michelle's goto

Truth be told, when we arrived there the place was packed. I almost thought we couldn't get a seat for the four of us. We immediately went straight to the counter to get our orders. A slight confusion commenced since some food items can only be ordered at the counter and some items (mostly viands and rice) could be ordered by the entrance to the bulaluhan where kalderos (cauldrons) containing their various ulam was ostensibly showcased.

michelle's goto's counter

The heat outside was scorching. I almost felt breathless as soon as we set foot here and immediately asked if they have Coke in Liter size. To my dismay, they only have the 16 ounces bottles of Pepsi available. Shucks! Anyway, here's the food items we had tried:

Special Bulalo & Pork Steak:

bulalo & pork steak

I love pork steak. My Tita usually served this at home. And aside from the pork, I nibble and chew with much gusto the sauteed white onions that came with the dish. With Michelle's version, however, the onion rings are not sauteed long enough to my liking. I wanted onions to be more translucent in appearance. And if you sauteed onions long enough, its natural sweetness comes forth. And the soy sauce base of the pork steak was watered down a bit. But the dish was tasty enough and already a steal for its price.

I didn't mind slurping the bulalo in spite of the sweltering heat of the day. The soup was very flavorful and I nibbled happily on the beef pieces and bone marrow.

Porkchop 

pork chop

I was able to try Alex's order of porkchop. This one fared better. The pork was still succulent inspite of some charred part, which added a smokiness flavor to it. And I wondered the type of sauce they used to braised the meat while they grill it. This dish is worth to try the second time around.

Beef Caldereta

beef caldereta and bulalo

This was Renz' order. I wasn't able to try this since he was seated far away from me. If only I'm nearer, I could have snag a piece or two *wink*. But since he was able to finish this with an extra rice to booth, its fair to say that this dish was good.

alex, renz & eve (me taking the picture)

I did enjoyed my very first visit to Michele GoTo. Thanks to my new friends and colleagues, Alex, Renz and Eve for coming with me and trying out the food. Food are priced around P45.00 per order. Hope to go back one of these days to maybe try the tapsilog and the other viands that they offer.

michelle's goto

Till next time then! :)

MICHELLE's GOTO (Tapsihan, Bulaluhan, Pancit atbp.)

Ortigas Extension, Pasig City (Just right after Rosario Church)

No comments:

Post a Comment